Turn on thread page Beta

Please keep this anon because people at my school come on here!

I've known this girl for 6 years, got very close to her especially during year 11, started to fancy her but never acted on it. Anyhoo she used to like me back in year 8, but moved on because she thought I wasn't into her. At GCSE we were very close, up all night talking to each other, meeting up in the early hours just to be there for each other etc. By the end of year 11 she started to get sick of me and kind of brushed me off (I think) so inside I was quite angry, but I thought of it as a new opportunity at sixth form to leave her alone and forget about her.

I'm starting A2 now, and for the past year it's been weird and we both know it. We've both been stubborn, politely dismissing each other, pretending to be fine. But I know it's bothered her, and it's bothered me like CRAZY. I've spent some nights this year just thinking about her 24/7. And honestly, not a day goes by where I don't think of her, and regret distancing myself from her. But I've always found ways to deal with, and think positively, but at the end of the day I do love her.

Right, so got talking to her today after months of just passing each other in the common room, and she says she's been asked to look for a college and she won't be allowed back. Her attendance was very poor, and she had too many lates. I'm miserable. I just feel so stupid, but I also wanted her to regret this year too. Anyway I don't know how to react this.

There's two possibilities; I'll be better off, can finally move on, put it all behind me and wish her the best.

Or...do all I can to patch things up now I don't know what's best for me. There really is no chance of us getting together because she has a boyfriend. And I've only been interested in two girls this year, but subconsciously always known it's HER. What the bleep do I do? Is there no way she can get back for A2? She's smart but she lets herself down with her attendance. Should I just let her go? It's very difficult. Please help.

ReputationRep:
    She sounds rubbish anyway.

ReputationRep:
    If she has a boyfriend and is happy then perhaps you're just going to have to leave it. Move on. It's probably for the best, for both of you.

Plenty more scollops in the fryer...

It's not so much I want to get with her now, because I know it can't happen. Even being a friend to her again, anything. I just think I've been stupid this year, should've made more time for her. We met up about 2 times this year outside of school, that's it. It's a shame to see it wasted in a year, I've never stayed up all night for anyone and then met up with them when the sun came up, except for her.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Let her go, she seems happy with her boyfriend, besides her getting kicked out of sixth form is her own problem.

ReputationRep:
    I would say sorry so you don't part on bad terms, if she wants to be friends then great and if she doesn't try your hardest to forget about her. You can't do anything about her leaving but I would try and make peace before she goes or you may always regret it

I don't know how to make things better. There's only one week left and I can't get her off my mind after today.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.