Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am so confused and scared about freshers week. Right now, I am planning to buy a ticket for the big freshers icebreaker event but I am really confused about what is and how it works and stuff. I have never done clubbing actually before so it is all new to me.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by morningstar49)
    I am so confused and scared about freshers week. Right now, I am planning to buy a ticket for the big freshers icebreaker event but I am really confused about what is and how it works and stuff. I have never done clubbing actually before so it is all new to me.
    I guess it really depends on the event, but a lot are largely the same. If you buy the tickets online, isn't there a page about what's on? It's for everyone to get to know each other, settle in a bit, and make some new friends. You'll end up finding things in common with people and meeting people on your course before you actually start which is nice. You might find this thread useful. It's from a few years ago, but I can't imagine too much has changed. Have fun at freshers!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by morningstar49)
    Hello

First and foremost, I'd say that if you haven't done clubbing before, you should definitely try going out before hand and seeing how you feel.
    Usually the tickets you buy for Freshers Events are big events - usually there is a resident DJ or someone 'famous' and then it's just dancing all night and usually followed by a lot of alcohol, before, during and after.

Get some experience before hand because if you get there and don't like it - you've wasted your money. Freshers is nothing to be worried about or scared of. Freshers is quite fun with plenty of events to attend and what not, you don't have to drink and you can still enjoy them.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    don't worry, it's not difficult - you'll be fine!

everyone will be going to this event so once you're moved in knock on a few doors and ask whether people are coming and whether they wanna buy some pre drinks together/meet up for a few drinks before the event (depending when/where it starts), you can have a chat about what people are wearing etc to get to know them

you probably need to bring your own alcohol if there are arranged pre drinks somewhere at the uni/halls, then if you go to a club take some cash to buy drinks out and get a taxi home

swap numbers with several friends, make sure you don't drink too much so you stay safe and just relax

ReputationRep:
    We had a mingle so I think that might be similar to your universities ice breaker event. Basically in ours there was one area which was more clubby but more people only started going there later on in the night. Otherwise people would just go around in the court yard introducing themselves to people and making small talk or trying to find their course mates. You could always go with one of your flat mates to the ice breaker so you initially have someone with you and it's less awkward. It's quite fun overall, a bit like speed dating at times, but definitely not everyone does the clubbing part but you can do if you want.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.