Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Last week i applied to Wilkinson and my application has been in process for nearly 2 weeks as i applied last monday. I had emailed Wilkinsons resources team but have come to realise that they only reply in the morning. I emailed them today at 10am after receiving an email from them at 8am askinf what store i have applied for however they have not replied back.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    If you need to find things out then using the phone and talking to a real person is better. E-mail has its place, but soemtimes it doesnt get you an answer as fast as you would like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USP143)
    Last week i applied to Wilkinson and my application has been in process for nearly 2 weeks as i applied last monday. I had emailed Wilkinsons resources team but have come to realise that they only reply in the morning. I emailed them today at 10am after receiving an email from them at 8am askinf what store i have applied for however they have not replied back.
    Then reply back to that email or if you want to hear back quicker maybe give resources team a call and ask them what stage your application is at

ReputationRep:
    Hi, former employee of Wilkinson's here. They receive a lot of applications so may take some time to get back to you. They rang me and invited me to a group interview so I would suggest giving them a call. I wouldn't worry though, in general they're pretty good at getting in touch from what I've experienced.

Good luck with the job application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Then reply back to that email or if you want to hear back quicker maybe give resources team a call and ask them what stage your application is at
    Decided to phone the store turns out the manager was on holiday and only he can process the applications. A day later the recruitment department said that a lot of applications came through to my chosen store so they were processing it still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenofmirkwood)
    Hi, former employee of Wilkinson's here. They receive a lot of applications so may take some time to get back to you. They rang me and invited me to a group interview so I would suggest giving them a call. I wouldn't worry though, in general they're pretty good at getting in touch from what I've experienced.

Good luck with the job application
    I gave the store a call and the lady on the phone said that the manager is on holiday and he deals with the job applications. A day later i got a email from recruitment saying that the store has received many applications and are processing them.

ReputationRep:
    The same thing happened with WHSmith although it was 2 months +. I just withdrew my application - they can keep their 4 quid an hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    The same thing happened with WHSmith although it was 2 months +. I just withdrew my application - they can keep their 4 quid an hour.
    Mine said the manager was on holiday then recruitment emailed saying applications are still being processed. Which confused me

ReputationRep:
    anyone be kind and give me answers for WILKO questions

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.