Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I was thinking it might be a good idea to create a thread especially where people who are going to (or might be) freshers next year can introduce themselves and get to know each other before starting in september.

I'm going to be doing Zoology and will hopefully be staying in cwrt mawr, what about everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    We have got a fresher's thread somewhere, but why not have another? Equine studies, staying in Trefloyne. Nervous but excited!

ReputationRep:
    Life sciences for a yr then animal behaviour. Stayin in cwrt mawr. woo. Can't wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by readyforaberequine07)
    We have got a fresher's thread somewhere, but why not have another?
    Oops sorry, forgot about that one, and I posted in it :rolleyes: lol

That's cool, other animal people

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    doing agriculture with buisness studies all being well and i put cwrt mawr as my first choice

I am really looking forward to it, but i suppose like everyone else am also nervous at the same time

if anyone fancys a chat and has got msn just ask for my address, i don' bite honest think it would be good to know a couple of people to say hi to, to start with

see you in aber!
    nick

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, same here, if anyone want's to chat before going just ask for my email/msn. It might help ease the nerves a bit over the first couple of days

ReputationRep:
    Provided exam results allow me entry (which I am very, very nervous about) I'll be studying English Literature and staying (hopefully) in Cwrt Mawr, with Trefloyne as my second choice.

ReputationRep:
    Not really a proper Fresher, but I'm starting a post grad course in Management, staying in PJM. I know some of you have posted in this section already, but for those of you that haven't, welcome, and if you have any questions what so ever, post 'em up and we'll see what we can do. We're all friendly, nobody bites (that I know of :p: )

ReputationRep:
    *Points to signature*

I'm really nervous but excited about going to Aber!

ReputationRep:
    Not a fresher either, but i'll be trying to live out the freshers lifestyle for another year (if that's possible in the 3rd year). Living in town on the main road (so if anyone needs a good house for the 2008/2009 year).
    Doing mathematics (don't be afraid it's not as scary as it sonds, honest)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geekypoo)
    Doing mathematics (don't be afraid it's not as scary as it sonds, honest)
    *Runs in fear*

Fraction Man will devour us all!

ReputationRep:
    WOW, that is an idea!!! Next costume party i'm going to try and be fractionman

ReputationRep:
    Oh, so that's why you're geekypoo! I wondered. How would you be fractionman, cut yourself in half?

I wish they had a freshers' ball at aber. What sort of activities do they have in mind for us innocent freshers?

ReputationRep:
    Well from what I remember the student union running it goes along the lines of:
    Saturday: Fresh (general night where the union is open and people go to meet other people)
    Sunday: A pub quiz throughout the union (was free beer for a year when I went in '05)
    Monday: I forgot sorry
    Tuesday: Comedy Club
    Wednesday: Reload with some 'celebrity'. In the past two years we've had Bodger and badger and Roy Walker.
    Thursday: This changed from 05 to 06, (omg my memory is going that much)
    Friday: The event which will be on friday, i'm not sure it'll be cashback though
    Satuday: Usually just the same as reload just with more up to date music to cover some of the cheese and some meet n greet or whatever with another 'celebrity'. That Katie woman from blue peter and the games and nikki from BB.
    Please correct me if i'm wrong (and i probably am) But you'll find things to do

ReputationRep:
    05/06 Thursdays was the night of the pound party, last years fresher's week was 3 for 2 on all drinks instead. The pound party came back after Christmas anyway [but more people tend to go to Pier rather than the Union on a thursday as it is pound party there too]

Comedy club is only on every fortnight, not every week, and is really really good. I didn't go to most of them last year though as it classes with our socials [and you can't miss 60p vodka night in Rummors! :p:]

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a kickass first week, got the stuff for joining dates through the door the other day. 22nd I think. Sorted out all the accomodation now aswell. Just waiting to go, results irrelevent due to unconditional so for anyone doing economics I'll see you there!!!

Good luck to those waiting on results

ReputationRep:
    Thursday of Freshers last year (06) at the Union was RockSoc/PunkSoc/IndieSoc, with 3for2 at Cwrt Mawr.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't they try to do some kind of alt (indie-ish?) night every other Thursday last yr for a few weeks, but got cancelled due to lack of demand?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure, they did use to when I first started IIRC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thebaptist)
    Sounds like a kickass first week, got the stuff for joining dates through the door the other day. 22nd I think. Sorted out all the accomodation now aswell. Just waiting to go, results irrelevent due to unconditional so for anyone doing economics I'll see you there!!!

Good luck to those waiting on results
    YES! Another economist!

Staying in Cwrt Mawr

See you there!

(Can you tell I'm getting excited? Only another 67 / 68 days depending how you look at it! )

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 28, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.