Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Results day is just around the corner (), but this is the place to be on the day of results and onwards!

A preemptive congratulations to those that are going to the university and you can use this thread to say hello to fellow students before your fantastic journey begins!

This thread is yours, take it away

ReputationRep:
    This thread is a bit too quiet...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when we're supposed to start the university, including fresher's week? It says the 1st of September on UCAS but 19th on the university of Manchester website...

ReputationRep:
    I am considering going here for Maths in 2017

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have a room in halls they no longer need? desperately seeking one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caneleo)
    Anyone know when we're supposed to start the university, including fresher's week? It says the 1st of September on UCAS but 19th on the university of Manchester website...
    It's the 19th
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by clma2016)
    does anyone have a room in halls they no longer need? desperately seeking one!
    Best to post your question on the Manchester Accommodation thread

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post67092958

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashyyy)
    It's the 19th
    Yep, fresher's is from the 19th but it says we can move into accommodation from the 15th (atleast for me)

ReputationRep:
    Yo what's everybody doing with wristbands?? Which ones are you buying?

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm so confused so where can we buy Freshers tickets because there's so much being advertised on the Facebook group but I don't know if they're just money making private companies e.g. F*ck me its freshers seems to be really popular. Or do we buy a wristband from SU when we arrive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ox.nicole)
    Guys I'm so confused so where can we buy Freshers tickets because there's so much being advertised on the Facebook group but I don't know if they're just money making private companies e.g. F*ck me its freshers seems to be really popular. Or do we buy a wristband from SU when we arrive?
    there are quite a few for example the SU ( which you can purchase online on their official website which you should be able to find through the school on OR when you arrive like you said) and then there's other independent events which sell some wristbands as well which you can get on skiddle.com - ive heard it's pretty legit. But most students recommend waiting & finding out what ur flatmates are keen on so you all get the same wristbands. So if youre lucky and have found them on fb/student room already then yous can make a decision if not, just wait till you get to school!! Sorry that was long aha :-)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone commuting from home to the uni? I actually wanan go freshers but dont know whether or not to purchase any tickets because i dont want to go alone😭 Dillema

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caneleo)
    Can move in to halls on 15th sept earliest- 'welcome week' is 19th-23rd, freshers starts the night of the 18th for most clubs etc

ReputationRep:
    Is there no risk of them selling out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is there no risk of them selling out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.