The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester Freshers Megathread 2016

Results day is just around the corner (), but this is the place to be on the day of results and onwards!

A preemptive congratulations to those that are going to the university and you can use this thread to say hello to fellow students before your fantastic journey begins!

This thread is yours, take it away
This thread is a bit too quiet...
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Anyone know when we're supposed to start the university, including fresher's week? It says the 1st of September on UCAS but 19th on the university of Manchester website...
I am considering going here for Maths in 2017 :biggrin:
Reply 4
does anyone have a room in halls they no longer need? desperately seeking one!
Reply 5
Original post by Caneleo
Anyone know when we're supposed to start the university, including fresher's week? It says the 1st of September on UCAS but 19th on the university of Manchester website...

It's the 19th :smile:
Original post by clma2016
does anyone have a room in halls they no longer need? desperately seeking one!

Best to post your question on the Manchester Accommodation thread

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2091577&page=284&p=67092958#post67092958
Reply 7
Original post by tashyyy
It's the 19th :smile:

Yep, fresher's is from the 19th but it says we can move into accommodation from the 15th (atleast for me)
Reply 8
Yo what's everybody doing with wristbands?? Which ones are you buying?
Guys I'm so confused so where can we buy Freshers tickets because there's so much being advertised on the Facebook group but I don't know if they're just money making private companies e.g. F*ck me its freshers seems to be really popular. Or do we buy a wristband from SU when we arrive?
Reply 10
Original post by ox.nicole
Guys I'm so confused so where can we buy Freshers tickets because there's so much being advertised on the Facebook group but I don't know if they're just money making private companies e.g. F*ck me its freshers seems to be really popular. Or do we buy a wristband from SU when we arrive?

there are quite a few for example the SU ( which you can purchase online on their official website which you should be able to find through the school on OR when you arrive like you said) and then there's other independent events which sell some wristbands as well which you can get on skiddle.com - ive heard it's pretty legit. But most students recommend waiting & finding out what ur flatmates are keen on so you all get the same wristbands. So if youre lucky and have found them on fb/student room already then yous can make a decision if not, just wait till you get to school!! Sorry that was long aha :-)
Anyone commuting from home to the uni? I actually wanan go freshers but dont know whether or not to purchase any tickets because i dont want to go alone😭 Dillema
Original post by Caneleo

Can move in to halls on 15th sept earliest- 'welcome week' is 19th-23rd, freshers starts the night of the 18th for most clubs etc

:smile:
Reply 13
Is there no risk of them selling out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Is there no risk of them selling out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending