Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Okay, so as it goes, I was always relatively decent at English - in most of my controlled assessments I achieved a high B (one mark off an A in each) and in two of them I achieved As, however exams really aren't my thing and in my WJEC English Language exam that I sat in June, it's fair to say that I completely messed it up, I've always struggled with time management and only manage to complete just over half of the paper. I was predicted an A overall (based on my SATs results and all the work I did in the build up to my exam), but obviously, that ship has well and truly sailed now, and I'm praying that together with my coursework, I did enough to scrape a grade C. With that said, and my controlled assessment grades in mind, I wondered if anyone had any idea of how many marks I'd need in the exam to achieve a C?
    Apologies for the length of this, I'm just really stressed out about it, so any help would be greatly appreciated

    120 is a grade C.
    • Thread Starter

    (Original post by Brandon.1219)
    120 is a grade C.
    I achieved a Grade B
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.