Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Make-up Brushes; How regularly do you clean?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok,
    I'm going to admit first that I rarely clean my brushes.
    However, I had some time on my hands and thought 'eh, why not!'.
    I learnt quickly how disgusting they had been and the many advantages to cleaning.

If you have been getting spots from wearing make-up it may not be your foundation but in actual fact your brushes.
    When clean, the foundation, blush etc goes on sooooo much better.

I heard that you should clean them every time you use them. Surely thats a little too much?

I can barely find the time in a week!

ReputationRep:
    I clean mine when they are all dirty, but I have at least 3 of each brush I own so it takes a while. I would guess once a month

ReputationRep:
    once every few months......if that

ReputationRep:
    Once a month*

ReputationRep:
    I try to make time for cleaning my brushes once a week and give them a spritz and wipe when I have time after using them. You shouldn't need to give them such a thorough clean if you do them once a week. I know it's annoying but better than getting spots! I use an anti-bacterial wash on mine to get rid of anything gross 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would do it once a week, make sure you get an anti-bac brush cleaner.

ReputationRep:
    I clean mine properly with a solution every month.However I use a quick clean method by dabbing my brush on a piece of cellotape to get the product off, especially if I need to change eyeshadow colours.

ReputationRep:
    I aim for once a week, more like once every three months.

Dont buy the special brush cleaners, they're overpriced and are harder to use. Baby shampoo or a cheap block of soap works fine.

ReputationRep:
    You can get "brush cleansers" that cleans the brushes which is what I use everytime I do my makeup.
    I deep clean them every week.

ReputationRep:
    i clean my beauty blender every time i use it when i go and dampen it, and then i wipe all my eyeshadow brushes and liner brushes in makeup remover when i use them and then i do a proper clean probably once a month

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.