Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Quick question about the pill!? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi - I m taking 2 packets of the pill back to back to avoid my period whilst on holiday...

I'm currently on pill 14 of the second pack, and am wondering if it's ok for me to stop it today so that my period comes a week early

I know the pill needs taking for 21 days to be effective - but because i ve taken it for the month before without a break is it ok?

Thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heywikii)
    Hi - I m taking 2 packets of the pill back to back to avoid my period whilst on holiday...

I'm currently on pill 14 of the second pack, and am wondering if it's ok for me to stop it today so that my period comes a week early

I know the pill needs taking for 21 days to be effective - but because i ve taken it for the month before without a break is it ok?

Thanks for the help!
    I frequently go for 3 or 4 months without taking a break. You just don't get a period. Its perfectly safe to do so, I asked my doctor. and yes I would imagine you will be covered for a week if you take a break now, the pill is well built up in your system.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should take it regularly. If you stopped the effectiveness might be altered. Better if you consult your OB-Gyne for this matter.

ReputationRep:
    for future reference: you need to take at least 21 pills between break weeks for it to be effective, you can take 21 or 42 or 36 or whatever you want as long as it's more than 21...

just make sure if you end up with a pack which has less than 21 pills in it that you don't get confused and take less than 21 at some point in the future

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.