Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've recently lost a lot of weight (like over 3 stone) because I was an unhealthy weight and now I'm down to a good healthy weight. It's made me feel better both mentally and physically, but I'm still quite self conscious of my appearance because I have a lot of stretch marks around my stomach and hips that just won't go away.

So would seeing a girl's stretch marks put you off her/find her unattractive?

(Also if anyone has any tips of how to get rid of them, I'd be grateful)

ReputationRep:
    No, why would it? I think you'd be surprised how many girls (and guys) have stretch marks. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

In your case it shows your dedication to your health. As an advert once said 'show your stripes'. It's part of you and something you can't change, be proud of it rather than embarrassed.

If your really that's self-conscious they will die down eventually to the colour of your skin, and you can get creams so they heal quicker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by tg1998)
    No, why would it? I think you'd be surprised how many girls (and guys) have stretch marks. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

In your case it shows your dedication to your health. As an advert once said 'show your stripes'. It's part of you and something you can't change, be proud of it rather than embarrassed.

If your really that's self-conscious they will die down eventually to the colour of your skin, and you can get creams so they heal quicker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've tried creams and stuff and I think they're as faded as they'll get because not much seems to make it better than it is now anymore (or at least not that I've tried), it's just that they're really big and so still obvious even when similar its a similar colour to my skin so it makes me feel like others would think they are gross to look at

I am quite proud of myself for losing the weight and stuff but it's just like, that doesn't change other people's first impressions and whatnot

ReputationRep:
    No.

No.

No.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Even models have stretch marks, you just don't see it because of photoshop

I think they make a girl more natural so it wouldn't put me off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've recently lost a lot of weight (like over 3 stone) because I was an unhealthy weight and now I'm down to a good healthy weight. It's made me feel better both mentally and physically, but I'm still quite self conscious of my appearance because I have a lot of stretch marks around my stomach and hips that just won't go away.

So would seeing a girl's stretch marks put you off her/find her unattractive?

(Also if anyone has any tips of how to get rid of them, I'd be grateful)
    Definitely not, most boys have stretch marks themselves

ReputationRep:
    This is one of those things that women have conjured up themselves. Same thing as having a thigh gap, guys never cared in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Tiger stripes Grrrrr!

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how bad they are. This is a link to treating stretch marks.
    http://www.top10homeremedies.com/how...arks-fast.html

(Original post by vela1)
    This is one of those things that women have conjured up themselves. Same thing as having a thigh gap, guys never cared in the first place.
    I don't really care about thigh gaps because i know that that's dumb, it's just that I feel like stretch marks may have a bad connotation behind them being there and i wasnt sure if thats the kind of thing people noticed. It's nice to know that people most likely won't care though so thank you

(Original post by PHD2027)
    Depends on how bad they are. This is a link to treating stretch marks.
    http://www.top10homeremedies.com/how...arks-fast.html
    thank you for the link, i will read that now :yy:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.