The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Asking whether a country should be secular or not is somewhat similar to asking whether a country should be governed by democratic civilian rule or a dictatorship, and I would think that the majority of people here would support secular law in all countries.

Furthermore, Nepal is a relatively pluralistic country when compared with theocratic states such as Saudi Arabia and Iran so could also be problematic if they chose to implement religious law. Although, they could go for the Malaysian model, which of course has its own problems.
Reply 2
-1984-
Although, they could go for the Malaysian model, which of course has its own problems.

The Malaysian model is retarded.
Wasn't Nepal where the prince killed his whole family at the dinner table because they didn't like his choice of girlfriend?

Anyway, secular always gets my vote.
_jackofdiamonds
Wasn't Nepal where the prince killed his whole family at the dinner table because they didn't like his choice of girlfriend?

Anyway, secular always gets my vote.

His choice of bride to be exact. She came from a cadet-line of a rival Royal family.
Reply 5
decola
The Malaysian model is retarded.

I concur.
-1984-
I concur.

But cannot admit that... must maintain facade of racial harmony and keeping face....
Reply 7
All countries should be secular, as religion has been the single biggest cause of war, death and destruction ever.

P.S. If not, then all us militant atheists will kill j00!1!! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Spleh
All countries should be secular, as religion has been the single biggest cause of war, death and destruction ever.

Am I the only atheist who cringes whenever they read stuff like that?
Reply 9
decola

Well, I agree with his stance in favour of secularism, but he's being a tad dramatic to say the least.
decola

Yep. Malaria is obviously the biggest killer. Religion is a close second though.

*runs away*
It is not for us to say whether Nepal should be secular or not. Nepal has been a Hindu kingdom for centuries, but that is they way the locals like it. Just as with Buddhism in Bhutan, religion is a dominating and uniting factor in the Himalayan kingdoms, and it is not our place to judge them and their traditions.

Latest

Trending

Trending