The Student Room Group

I hate myself

As it says i hate myself
Im so negative im not all the time im smiley and ok but alot of the times it just happens i go so negative.
I hate what i see in the mirror . Im fat and ugly i know i have a pretty face but im fat and still ugly. Im starting uni in sept im 15 and a bit stone 18 and as a girl for the couslrse im doing ill be in a a shorts and. A small top im nervous. I have a nladder problems more anxiety peeing that i wrote on another thread.
I feel like a failure and embarrasement to my family. I dont even think i should be here. I go negative and then try to make myslef happy its just the way i think when im negative i go in a dark circlw of thinking i should just die.

Im trying to make this summer important to me and a good one. I need to build my confidence but its crushed. I cant speak infront of class or present even though i could when i was younger i acted etc.

Im already nervous of uni . Idk why but i keep thinking that if i dont reach where i want to be by september when im due to start uni in terma of weight, confidence , my ambitions and emotions i just thibk itll be ok , i can go if needed. Idk why i keep thinking this. I woild never commit suicide i think i know id hurt myself and id have to force myself to do it. But i know itd hurt my parwnts and family more.

Can anyone help me ?
And advice how do you stay positive and be confident and happy, not that im not happy im content with life im ok i dont need anything but idk.
Help?
Thank you
Many people go through this type of crisis at your age. You're actually handling it better than most. You'll get a lot of advice and help here, but all I can guarantee is that all this shall come to pass. And it isn't as bad as it appears
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
As it says i hate myself
Im so negative im not all the time im smiley and ok but alot of the times it just happens i go so negative.
I hate what i see in the mirror . Im fat and ugly i know i have a pretty face but im fat and still ugly. Im starting uni in sept im 15 and a bit stone 18 and as a girl for the couslrse im doing ill be in a a shorts and. A small top im nervous. I have a nladder problems more anxiety peeing that i wrote on another thread.
I feel like a failure and embarrasement to my family. I dont even think i should be here. I go negative and then try to make myslef happy its just the way i think when im negative i go in a dark circlw of thinking i should just die.

Im trying to make this summer important to me and a good one. I need to build my confidence but its crushed. I cant speak infront of class or present even though i could when i was younger i acted etc.

Im already nervous of uni . Idk why but i keep thinking that if i dont reach where i want to be by september when im due to start uni in terma of weight, confidence , my ambitions and emotions i just thibk itll be ok , i can go if needed. Idk why i keep thinking this. I woild never commit suicide i think i know id hurt myself and id have to force myself to do it. But i know itd hurt my parwnts and family more.

Can anyone help me ?
And advice how do you stay positive and be confident and happy, not that im not happy im content with life im ok i dont need anything but idk.
Help?
Thank you

if you're overweight why don't you exercise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Teenage years can be tough.

1. You need to share this with someone maybe your parents or the GP.
2. If others dont, then I cna explain later what you need to do, to lose weight. Its pretty straightforward, just eating less and moving a bit more, but on a regular basis. You cna do soemthing about it and it will make you feel good. Iy should take you about a year.
3 You cna build confidence up juts by practice. Im not a natural speaking in front of large groups, but it gets easier with pactice.
4.If you feel better about yourself by the above, then you might be happier, which means you will have a more positive outlook. Talking about hurting yourself is not ood. If its immediate then talk to the samaritans,
116 123
but otherwise you might need some supportive counseling, which you can access through your GP.

Sometimes we all find life tough, think the ket is just to look after yourself, not impose too much pressure and keep going.

Quick Reply

Latest