Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter


    my name is Nadia I am 21 years old and I have been living in the UK for over 6 years.

    In 2015 I have achieved a BTEC extended diploma in Graphic Design with best grades.

    Now I recently applied for SFE and I got asked to prove that I have been living in the UK the full 6 years. I have provided them with various evidence, however they have told me that they missed evidence from the 1st of August 2015 till the present day (2016).

    I sent them a Bank Statement twice and they didn't even look at it (for whatever strange reason) which shows full transactions made here in the UK. One of the people I spoke through the phone with has told me that; not only they haven't looked at it but they are still processing and it's been more than 8 weeks now.

    Not satisfied they asked me for more proof I had to go and ask my own employer to make a letter for me, but student finance did not accept the letters.... even though it clearly stated on the correspondence they sent me that they do accept these letters.

    Then let's talk about the unprofessional people that speak through the phone. I spoke with roughly I would say 5 different people and they ALL have said different things, one of them even said to me that I would get an answer in two working days.... but again nothing.

    I don't really understand what's going on with SFE but if they are going to decline my application I definitely don't think that it would be my fault.

    Can anyone give me a piece of advice in this sort of situation, because I can't even count the amount of times I contacted them.

    Just for reference I applied for SFE in February 2016 and it's now August 2016......Please help.
    • TSR Support Team

    TSR Support Team
    Hi Nadia

    I'm sorry you are having trouble getting the application updated. Bank statements are generally accepted as supporting evidence only.

    A letter from the employer would not be accepted, we can accept original payslips.

    If you were a minor at all we can accept original:
    Child tax credits (in your parents name, with you named on the award)
    Child benefit letters (in your parents name, with you named on the letter)Original school exam certificates Original college exam certificates A letter from a teacher (on headed paper, signed with day specific dates of attendance DD/MM/YYYY)

    If you were not a minor then original letters:
    Council tax bills
    DWP letters
    Housing and benefit letters
    Utility bills
    Job centre plus letters
    Original bank statements

    I would advise you to send anymore original evidence that you have for the time period requested.

  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.