Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend on holiday watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend has gone on a lads holiday, he promised he would message me when he arrived but hasn't and he said he didn't buy wifi because all of his friends didn't, so that was a promise he broke to me. He also promised he would face time me everyday, and he hasn't. I've barley heard of him... He sent me a couple of texts, but just making our everything is okay, he hasn't asked if I'm okay atall. I feel let down because he promised he would face time. I don't know what to do or how to feel. I feel worried and down because I have no idea what he is going out there. I don't even know what he's been up to, because he's not been talking to me. I don't know what to do.... Or how to act...

ReputationRep:
    And?

ReputationRep:
    Really? Let the poor guy enjoy himself without your constant nagging...

ReputationRep:
    God you sound like girlfriend-zilla, leave the guy be! He's enjoying his holiday with his friends, let him spend time with them and be there for him to see when he gets back! Quit nagging him, chill out, spend time with yourself and friends whilst he's away so you can enjoy your time together when he gets back rather than finding stupid reasons to be angry
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by meggymoo55)
    My boyfriend has gone on a lads holiday, he promised he would message me when he arrived but hasn't and he said he didn't buy wifi because all of his friends didn't, so that was a promise he broke to me. He also promised he would face time me everyday, and he hasn't. I've barley heard of him... He sent me a couple of texts, but just making our everything is okay, he hasn't asked if I'm okay atall. I feel let down because he promised he would face time. I don't know what to do or how to feel. I feel worried and down because I have no idea what he is going out there. I don't even know what he's been up to, because he's not been talking to me. I don't know what to do.... Or how to act...
    He is on holiday so maybe you are being a little bit unreasonable with all these demands, I would be put off if I had a girl do this to me on holiday, no offence.

ReputationRep:
    I probably wouldn't worry too much just let him have his holiday. It is sometimes hard to get access to wi-fi in some places. Just chat to him when he gets back.

ReputationRep:
    how long is the holiday?

Length of the holiday merits whether you should be annoyed at lack of communication.

ReputationRep:
    Be a good girlfriend and give him a 'hall pass'.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I think you're being a bit unfair on the OP.

The boyfriend made promises and broke them. And if he is anything like my group of friends when he goes on holiday then she definitely has a right to be worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoothiechode)
    The boyfriend made promises and broke them. So she has a right to be worried.
    nah chill

ReputationRep:
    Meet up with your friends and stuff, keep occupied and try to trust him That's advice coming from someone who was in the same position albeit I'm the boyfriend so it's a little bit different I guess. Turns out she lost her phone at the airport hence me not hearing from her for like 5 days. (And thinking she was in Paris the night of the Euro finals, hence me being worried about it. Turns out she wasn't anyway). You need to trust him is all
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Take a step back and stop worrying. I cna see you are disappointed, but worrying wont change anything.

You cna either ask him why he isnt keeping his promises and you feel let down or just wait till he gets back. I would wait and let him enjoy his holiday, which shows you trust him.

Have a chat when he gets back. You cna point out what you have in his op. he mat listen or he may not. Think it through, it wont be long and he will be back.

ReputationRep:
    Well, the not buying Wifi and not face timing kind of go hand-in-hand. Perhaps if he did buy it, he would've. The texts that he sends will might incur charges also. Just try and past the time for a few days and see what happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    your boyfriend was stupid to agree to those demands to be honest, it was obviously going to affect his holiday to fulfill them (and it's not his fault if his friends won't pay for wifi, this could leave him paying quite a bit which isn't worth it just to facetime you for 10 minutes)... but you need to lighten up, things change and he's given you no reason not to trust him, just let him enjoy his holiday

ReputationRep:
    Sweetheart you sound pretty controlling. imagine the roles reversed and a girl went of a girls-holiday and her boyfriend was on here saying all the stuff you are saying.... sounds pretty controlling right?

look fact is if hes cheated you'll find out about it eventually. and when you do - dump him. simple

i never understand why people get so caught up about all this crap when it comes to relationships, always fretting about 'what if he/she cheats' - when did we all become so desperate? if he/she cheats you dump and move on. problem solved. Love is all BS anyways.
    learn how to stop caring, it helps a lot

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.