Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Similar programmes like NCS watch

ReputationRep:
    I've recently finished NCS, and really enjoyed participating in the course. I was wondering if there are similar programmes just like NCS, which is aimed to 16 - 18 year olds?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do DofE if you can. It's nowhere near as structured as NCS but it's more widely heard of ...

Also going to add, are there any that 18/19 year olds can do? I found out about NCS when I was too old to do it but all my friends have done it and loved it...

ReputationRep:
    There's a course called ICS (International Citizen Service) which is aimed towards 18 - 25 year olds, but it is a volunteering programme overseas

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1010marina)
    Do DofE if you can. It's nowhere near as structured as NCS but it's more widely heard of ...

Also going to add, are there any that 18/19 year olds can do? I found out about NCS when I was too old to do it but all my friends have done it and loved it...
    I'm the same as you. I decided I wanted to does NCS this summer but they said I would be a bit too old. They did tell me about International Citizens Service for people 18+ though. You need to do your own fund raising and then you can volunteer abroad. I've applied and I think it looks really good 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy A x)
    I'm the same as you. I decided I wanted to does NCS this summer but they said I would be a bit too old. They did tell me about International Citizens Service for people 18+ though. You need to do your own fund raising and then you can volunteer abroad. I've applied and I think it looks really good 😊
    Ooooh that sounds fantastic, thank you! I'd have done it this summer if I'd known. Thanks ^^

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.