The Student Room Group

Anyone else worried about their future ? AS Results

Scroll to see replies

Hope you guys all get what you want

Posted from TSR Mobile
bump
Reply 62
Original post by Trapz99
Really **** in physics, good in maths and further maths, disappointing in economics

Edexcel Economics? That paper was awful.
Reply 63
Was going for AAA but can't see that happening at all. I'm trying to be as pessimistic as possible to avoid disappointment but still telling myself that if they aren't what I expected I can resit the exams.
Reply 64
Original post by Nowen
Was going for AAA but can't see that happening at all. I'm trying to be as pessimistic as possible to avoid disappointment but still telling myself that if they aren't what I expected I can resit the exams.

Haha pessimism is key to avoid total disappointment in my opinion but don't let it consume you. Dw, I think everyone's trying to reassure themselves even with such a doubtful mind-set.
almost 3 dayzzz left ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I just want to be able to apply to Swansea for genetics :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: BBB-ABB are the required A2 grades so praying for BCC on Thursday lolololololol RIP my dreams
Original post by ImagineCats
I just want to be able to apply to Swansea for genetics :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: BBB-ABB are the required A2 grades so praying for BCC on Thursday lolololololol RIP my dreams

You will be okay!! :smile: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
You will be okay!! :smile: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aahahah I really hope so! Thanks :smile:
Reply 69
Wanted AAA to start with but now I'd be over the moon to get ABB, think I'm most likely to get ABC/ACC
Want AAA as well but probably gonna get like BCC or something ugh I'm so stressed I haven't slept properly since my last English language exam :frown:
I'm waiting for A2 results but I just wanted to say good luck!

If you don't get the grades you need to pass onto A2 just remember that it's not the end of the world! It might seem like it at the time but trust me it could actually turn out to be for the best. 2 years ago today I received EEUU in my AS levels. I thought it was the end of my dreams, but I phoned up a different college and began again with different subjects. A year later I got ABC, 7UMS total off AAB. Despite my failed year 12 I got offers from 2 Russell Group universities. I also felt that I was in a much better position to go to university. I needed that extra year to find out what I really wanted to do.

Best of luck guys <3
if you still wana go uni and your dissapointed with results retake/if not maybe an apprenticeship may be a good shout?
Reply 73
Original post by Cari98
WJEC:smile:

I have just done wjec As and A level rel. It doesnt get easier with wjec! Good luck!
Yep.

I did Bio, Lit and ICT.

ICT was easy - hoping for an A but would take a B.
Lit was alright - would like a B but wouldn't be surprised if I only get a C :frown:
Biology - paper 1 was easy but paper 2 was so difficult. I really want a B but might not even get a C knowing how badly I did in paper 2!
I am so nervous, not been thinking about it all holiday but it hit me yesterday how much my life could change if I do badly :frown:

I want to study medicine and realistically I need AAAB, but really want AAAA. These grade boundaries better be as low as **** or I will have to re evaluate my life
I think I did well in bio, chem and German. Maths was just horrible- totally messed up in C1 and C2, S1 wasn't too bad
BBCU or BBBU. Was hoping to get AACU or AABU, but i practically did cause i got 1% of an A in Chemistry, 2% of an A in Physics. Lol just my luck :tongue:. Though there is always the chance to resit, so no need to worry :biggrin:
I feel like I did pretty well in Computer Science, Chemistry, and Physics. Shame that they don't count towards anything whereas the one subject I do that does, Maths, I feel like I completely ****ed.

Core 1 I actually found okay whilst the general consensus was that it was extremely hard, although I do admit it was a lot harder than any past paper for Core 1. Stats 1 was meh. Core 2 though, I ****ed it. Didn't really prepare much for it and it will probably drag down my Maths grade.

Also, Maths is the most important subject for my degree when applying to uni. Pretty much everywhere decent requires an A in maths to do a Physics degree. If I can't even get an A at AS, how am I supposed to get one at A2 where it apparently gets a lot harder?
Reply 79
Original post by DarkEnergy
I feel like I did pretty well in Computer Science, Chemistry, and Physics. Shame that they don't count towards anything whereas the one subject I do that does, Maths, I feel like I completely ****ed.

Core 1 I actually found okay whilst the general consensus was that it was extremely hard, although I do admit it was a lot harder than any past paper for Core 1. Stats 1 was meh. Core 2 though, I ****ed it. Didn't really prepare much for it and it will probably drag down my Maths grade.

Also, Maths is the most important subject for my degree when applying to uni. Pretty much everywhere decent requires an A in maths to do a Physics degree. If I can't even get an A at AS, how am I supposed to get one at A2 where it apparently gets a lot harder?

I don't really think C1 was very hard, an odd question came up(area of a triangle) along with some weird fractions.
The best bet for you to get an A at A2(you might've already got an A at AS you never know) is to retake and max out your UMS on AS modules as it would mean you would only have to get low B's at A2 for an A overall.

Quick Reply

Latest