Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do some guys wear their trousers so low? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Loads of guys from my school do it and I really don't get what the appeal is as I don't think anyone really wants to see their boxers. Anyone got a clue why they do this - guys?

ReputationRep:
    Cause they're a bunch of idiots

ReputationRep:
    Because they are obsessed with copying the style of mid-2000s american rap stars in an attempt to look cool

ReputationRep:
    Need to show the mandem you're rocking Calvins.

ReputationRep:
    They don't own belts

ReputationRep:
    Roadman alert 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisathestall)
    Loads of guys from my school do it and I really don't get what the appeal is as I don't think anyone really wants to see their boxers. Anyone got a clue why they do this - guys?
    Why not? I don't buy CK boxers for nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrs03)
    Why not? I don't buy CK boxers for nothing
    Some people don't want to see them

ReputationRep:
    Its part of the 'rudeboy' culture (or whatever they are called) and so they think they look badass for doing it. They don't though, they look like idiots and they would feel like massive idiots if they ever found out where the hanging their trousers low look originated from and what it actually means... (research it)

ReputationRep:
    I dont do it but some guys do it because they are wastemen

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because it's a tad more comfortable to have them slightly lower? Although in all honesty I haven't seen blokes wear trousers as low as we used to back in the early/mid 00's.

ReputationRep:
    They are promoting a brand :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Lool SOMEBODY needs to at least see their expensive boxers that isn't themselves looking at their reflection in the mirror.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisathestall)
    Some wear it for style, some have just bought oversized trousers that are too big for them, but can't be bothered to return it. Others, genuinely aren't aware of it, surprisingly. I suppose it's kinda similar to girls' thongs being visible when they wear certain clothes - we just don't know if they're doing it on purpose or not.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    swag

ReputationRep:
    Abnormally small legs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was originated from males in prison to show they were "available" not sure why it has become a fashion.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.