Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is anyone applying for the defence force? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Would you apply for the defence force?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    20.00%
    Im considering it
    20.00%
    NEVER
    40.00%
    Already have
    20.00%

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking of applying for the air force/RAF - as a pilot of course, is anyone else considering it (the defence force/armed forces)?

I am Australian so im not sure what you call it eo ive added in the British equivalent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickmanAlways)
    I am thinking of applying for the air force - as a pilot of course, is anyone else considering it (the defence force)?
    What do you mean by defence force? If you mean the Air Force I've never heard it called that before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    What do you mean by defence force? If you mean the Air Force I've never heard it called that before
    Defence force is the term that covers the - army, navy, and air force
    I am applying for the air force and im asking if anyone is applying for any of the above(army, navy, airforce)

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking of applying for the air force - as a pilot of course, is anyone else considering it (the defence force)?

What made you wanna go into the defense force??

Posted from OtherWorld

ReputationRep:
    Defence force is the term that covers the - army, navy, and air force
    I am applying for the air force and im asking if anyone is applying for any of the above(army, navy, airforce)
    The term Defence Force has never been used to refer to any part of the British Armed Forces. I have no idea where you get that idea from and I would suggest you research the RAF & British Armed Forces before applying for a job.

ReputationRep:
    The air force is not a thing. I think what you're looking for is RAF. but no I shall never have anything with the military.

ReputationRep:
    The military is made for useless people(bullies, idiots) that have bad GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHD2027)
    The air force is not a thing. I think what you're looking for is RAF. but no I shall never have anything with the military.
    I AM in australia here its called the air force.

(Original post by Shabalala)
    The term Defence Force has never been used to refer to any part of the British Armed Forces. I have no idea where you get that idea from and I would suggest you research the RAF & British Armed Forces before applying for a job.
    Ive edited my first post and added in the British equivalent.

(Original post by mr T 999)
    What made you wanna go into the defense force??

Posted from OtherWorld
    I've always wanted to but recently I've been looking into it and (sorry im having a mind blank) like now i want to do it more... Sorry i cant think of the word...its on the tip of my tounge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shabalala)
    I'm glad someone agrees with me

ReputationRep:

That is really offensive...
    (And i am not easily offended)
    Maybe where you come from but not here in australia. I've played in military bands and done workshops with them and yes there are the ocasional 'ussless people' but it actually is quite hard to get in and may be waiting up to 12 months after your training is complete.

ReputationRep:
    That is not only disrespectful but completely out of order. How dare you have the face to disrespect people who dedicate their life to the military! Just because someone does not pass their GCSEs, it does not mean their are useless. Every single one of us have their own interests and things that we are passionate about. I can ensure that there is a good number of well educated people in the military.

ReputationRep:
    IDF for me

ReputationRep:

Maybe where you come from but not here in australia. I've played in military bands and done workshops with them and yes there are the ocasional 'ussless people' but it actually is quite hard to get in and may be waiting up to 12 months after your training is complete.
    I am really sorry that you had to read such a ..... comment. People do not really understand the high physical and mental state that cadets for the military have to be. The training is hard and it's made to fail you. Many people will fail it, it's not for everyone. I wish you all the best and I hope that you are able to achieve what you wish. The air force for sure is an amazing part of the military. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Good to know you'll be the first to volunteer to be on the Front Line if the UK ever comes under threat.

You'll be crying for your uneducated idiots then, won't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgt.Golden)
    I am really sorry that you had to read such a ..... comment. People do not really understand the high physical and mental state that cadets for the military have to be. The training is hard and it's made to fail you. Many people will fail it, it's not for everyone. I wish you all the best and I hope that you are able to achieve what you wish. The air force for sure is an amazing part of the military. Thank you
    Thank you

ReputationRep:

calm down. I made the post before you told us you are from Australia. So no offence to the Australian Defence Force.

(Original post by Sgt.Golden)
    That is not only disrespectful but completely out of order. How dare you have the face to disrespect people who dedicate their life to the military! Just because someone does not pass their GCSEs, it does not mean their are useless. Every single one of us have their own interests and things that we are passionate about. I can ensure that there is a good number of well educated people in the military.
    Firslty. CALM DOWN. Now. War What is it good for, absolutely nothing, Good God yall. Secondly what I meant was that a large majority of them are idiots. They just go into war to die.

ReputationRep:
    calm down. I made the post before you told us you are from Australia. So no offence to the Australian Defence Force.

Firslty. CALM DOWN. Now. War What is it good for, absolutely nothing, Good God yall. Secondly what I meant was that a large majority of them are idiots. They just go into war to die.
    Fair enough but if you think YOUR countries military is made up of idiots...,

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.