Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi,

I have known my bf since we were 8 and we have been together as a couple since 16. We are extremley happy and in love and still in the 'honeymoon' phase even after a 6 year relationship . I have recently graduated from medidal school and he is in the army so although we are in a LDR (for the past 2 years) - we still talk at least 4 hours throughout the day every day.

He is currently visiting his parents abroad and staying the month in the property next to his parents (also owned by them).

Another girl (lets call her girl A) who is family related to me but also family friends with my bf's parents is also visting her family abroad.

Today girl A and her parents (plus her husband and child, yeah she's married!) was invited to my bf's parents house. I was talking to my bf when he suddenly said 'wait there's someone knocking' and came back to me about 3 minutes later and said that girl A had knocked on and asked how he was doing and he just replied coldly and said he was busy.

I ofcourse trust my bf and know how he is (otherwise I would not be with him!) but what drove me through the roof is why is she knocking on his door and wearing the tiny dress she was (she uploaded photos on instigram in her sl*** dress of the day) and trying to make small talk?!?!

She is 5 years older than us both! She acts like complete trash! She has been married for about 2 years and months before her wedding she contacted my bf via email and said 'you have grown into a very handsome man'. Before she knew we were together and before she was married she would go on about how she had a very keen eye on his physique (he'e 6ft and plays martial arts). It drives me completely crazy how childish she is acting when she is married and has a kid and is 5 years older than him!

I have wasted the whole of today going crazy at my bf (something I have never done in the 6 years we have been together) and assuimg that girl A will pounce at him any moment. I only calmed down after he spend a hour telling me how much our relationship means to him and how he only sees me. At which point I started having another panic attack and saying crazy things like 'you are too good for me and too perfect for other girls not to throw themselves at you'.

Would it be worth speaking to girl A's husband? Considering how much respect and love he has for her, I really feel sorry for how unfaithful she is to him.

I'm not actually speaking to girl A myself. I cut off contact about a year ago.

Am I just a crazy lunatic for being so overprotective and jealous of my bf 😓

Anyone else ever have jealous moments? Even after a long term relationship with their other half? If so, what did you get jealous over and how long had you been together?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Me and my boyfriend have been together for around a year and a half, so my even a scratch on you haha. Anyway, we've been having problems with other girls since day dot, I remember a girl straight up telling him she liked him and just sitting waiting for his answer (which he didn't, because it was through text) when we were only 2 weeks into our relationship. Then there was the girl he spoke to quite a bit, and I have a feeling he knew exactly what was going on here he just liked the attention. He would sit on snapchat with her, while he was staying at my house... Then one night she told him he should tell his girlfriend (me) about her (the girl) and my boyfriend asked why and she bluntly said "Because you like me", he went on to tell her that he spoke to her because he wanted to be friends... She never spoke to him again.

My boyfriend is also 6ft, 6ft 4" to be exact, I can have my thumb on his belly and fingers on his back because of how thin he is, but not the bad kind of thin, the good kind of thin haha. He used to box, so he's got his looks. But that's not why I'm interested, he's got an amazing personality and can connect to about anyone.

I've also had problems with his friends... Let me make myself clear, I'm not a girlfriend who'll keep her boyfriend on a lead, he sees his friends just as much as he sees me, if anything a little more, which makes me sad but there's nothing I can do about it.
    However he constantly tells me that I come first, but it's obvious I don't. For instance, we had been planning to see suicide squad on my birthday (the 6th, tomorrow), we had been planning it since we even heard about the movie coming out. But about 2 days ago, he turns round and tells me that he's going to see the midnight release of it, so I argue with him telling him it's not okay, but he keeps telling me that he'll still go and see it with me on my birthday. But that's not the point, the point is is that we had planned to see it together first, I wanted to watch it first time with him, so i told him to choose, me or his friends. He kept saying he wanted to do both but I said that if he went and saw it with his friends then I don't want to see it with him. Maybe I was being cruel, but we had planned it first? And it was for my birthday?? He also promised the other day that he wouldn't go to the midnight showing, but he was going to lie to me and go anyway, which I got out of him because girlfriends always find out.
    Any who, last night was the midnight release... Let's just say I'm not going to the cinema on my birthday.

What I'm trying to say is, every girlfriend gets jealous, and being jealous means you want something. Meaning you just love him, and want him for your own. Every girlfriend gets jealous, it's nature.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Me and my boyfriend have been together for around a year and a half, so my even a scratch on you haha. Anyway, we've been having problems with other girls since day dot, I remember a girl straight up telling him she liked him and just sitting waiting for his answer (which he didn't, because it was through text) when we were only 2 weeks into our relationship. Then there was the girl he spoke to quite a bit, and I have a feeling he knew exactly what was going on here he just liked the attention. He would sit on snapchat with her, while he was staying at my house... Then one night she told him he should tell his girlfriend (me) about her (the girl) and my boyfriend asked why and she bluntly said

ReputationRep:
    honestly don't even give her the time of day

she's a lot older, married and your boyfriend clearly doesn't think much of her so it's not like you actually have anything to worry about so just ignore her

ReputationRep:
    If you trust your boyfriend then there's no more to say, although if you're making yourself this crazy about it then you might want to reevalutate that statement because it sounds like you think something might possibly happen. If he's not interested, you have nothing to worry about.

Also, god, stay away from that girl's husband, that's absolutely not your place to say anything to him.

ReputationRep:
    Jealousy is normal in every relationship especially when your partner is away from you for a long period of time and now seems to have a woman hitting on him. so it is very understandable. however this is your relationship test and you simply need to see how much you trust him.
    i mean given everything you have told us it seems as if your relationship is pretty solid - you speak to each other for 4 HOURS everyday!!! I'm jealous now! in all my long term relationships i was lucky if my boyfriend even sent me a text once a day. they were usually too 'busy' to talk over the phone (unless of course it was dirty talk, only then were they happy to talk everyday!) so if he is already making this effort for you it means he clearly loves you. he also came and told you straightaway that he was cold to her when she asked how he was. he doesn't seem to care.
    many women can pounce on a taken guy but if hes got his priorities right - or just isn't interested - he'll reject her. i think you're good.

as for telling her husband... hmm yeah i'd be temped too but i dunno if i'd want to be the one. if shes like this chances are the poor guy will find out eventually. or who knows, maybe they have an open relationship or something

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.