Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When I get 'are you sure?' type pop up windows, eg exit without saving a word doc, instead of getting the expected sounds(Control panel>sounds), or no sounds at all, which is what used to happen, I'm getting a system beep from inside the actual case, not the speakers. I'm not too worried..it's just a bit 'why's it doing that?', ya know?

Just tried doing controlpanel>sounds and changing the sound scheme to windows deault and no sounds and it doesnt make a blind bit of difference...

ReputationRep:
    do any other sounds work?

ReputationRep:
    Music works fine if thats what you mean..

But for most info boxes it's the beep..

ReputationRep:
    From the Control Panel, select Sounds and Audio Devices. On the Audio tab, on the 3 drop down lists, make sure your sound card is selected on each one and not any other device (like a bluetooth device). If your sound card isn't available it might suggest you need to reinstall the sound card drivers.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, there's a 'MIDI music playback' choice as well as 'Sound playback/recording' and it's set to 'Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth' with no other options.. is this the problem perhaps? ('Sound playback/recording' are both set to my soundcard)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pony Jack)
    Ooh, there's a 'MIDI music playback' choice as well as 'Sound playback/recording' and it's set to 'Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth' with no other options.. is this the problem perhaps? ('Sound playback/recording' are both set to my soundcard)
    No, that should be fine. It's probably a different problem then, have you Googled it?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah (admittedly just now :p:), it came up with this thread and something you have to register for to see the answer.

I'd not noticed the 'MIDI music playback' option until this problem started.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.