Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I go back in late September, and maybe working on my physique before going back might be a good idea if I wanna scoop up a fresher (or impress the girl I'm obsessed with >_>).

Basically I'm quite light built. I weigh 9.75 stone (about 135lbs) and my height is about 5"9 I think, but I don't look too bad without a shirt off. Mates before have commented that they wish they had my stomach and stuff, and I'd just like to supplement my natural build with some weights. Not looking to get mega-ripped, just an improvement. Any ideas? I have some weights lying around - 1.1KG, 2.3KG and 4.5KG - two of each. Any advice on how to start and for how long each day etc? Cheers guys.

And is it a good idea for meeting women? I'm extremely unconfident with women unless I've had a few beers which is something I need to work on also

ReputationRep:
    Doing light lifting in your bedroom isn't really going to have much of a physical effect in two months. If you want to make a physical change in that time you should sign up for a gym and do a full-body workout 2-3 times per week.

ReputationRep:
    It's made me a bit more confident mate, but I hear some girls like skinny blokes.

If it's what you want then you could definately do some bicep curls, military presses etc and also some crunches and press-ups without the dumbells. I would recommend posting in the fitness forum for more info. Mind you, as Planto said there won't be much of a noticeable difference in 2 months. Maybe you could take your dumbells with you to uni, or join a gym back there?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you have the perfect base, mate. Nice and lean. Do you have a barbell? I'd recommend getting some additional weights as soon as possible, or else looking into joining a gym. I don't think 15.8kg is going to be very useful, especially if you can't distribute it over two dumbbells.

ReputationRep:
    Just buy some from Argos or join the gym.Magazines like MensFitness have plenty of exercises to target specific muscle groups,or just google it.
    I reckon a set of 50-60kg would get you toned and stronger.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.