Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I have a place to do a pgce at UCL starting in September on a course for which no government training bursary is available.

    As such, I was depending on the money from the maintenance loan to afford to do the course, but I've been told I'm only eligible for £1000 for the whole year's maintenance. Could I have filled in the form wrong or does that seem like a normal amount? My Dad is a baker and my Mum is an accountant, so hardly rich, so based on their incomes I was certainly expecting to be offered more than £1000 and now I don't know if I can do the course.

    Any advice would be great!

    • TSR Support Team

    TSR Support Team
    Hi adambates

    I would advise you to call us to check your application. The basic maintenance loan not based on household income alone, is higher than this.
    Please call: 0300 100 0607

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.