The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Freshers Megathread 2016

Results day is just around the corner (), but this is the place to be on the day and onwards!

A preemptive congratulations to those that are going to the university and you can use this thread to say hello to fellow students and discuss how excited you are to begin your fantastic journey!

This thread is yours, take it away

Scroll to see replies

Terrified for results, hopefully I can get into Birmingham fingers crossed 😁
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Ooh we have a freshers thread
Reply 3
I'm so happy that I got in today :smile: Can't wait to start now!
Does anyone know when we can expect to receive an email from Birmingham about accommodation? I don't want to miss the email!
Original post by somevirtualguy
Does anyone know when we can expect to receive an email from Birmingham about accommodation? I don't want to miss the email!

I think on twitter they said within 14 days
Original post by sharkbird4000
I think on twitter they said whithin 14 days

I just got mine :smile:
I'm so glad I made it in! Bring on Fresher's Week!
Reply 8
Well done everyone! I got my accommodation email late last night, anyone else at Queens Hospital Close?
Reply 9
When you guys moving in? And what are you studying?
Original post by pirex45

I'm moving in on the 16th, and will be studying History :smile: What about you?
Reply 11
Original post by oswalds
I'm moving in on the 16th, and will be studying History :smile: What about you?

From that name, I can only presume that you are a fellow Whovian ;P
Original post by Dwittyy
From that name, I can only presume that you are a fellow Whovian ;P

Yes, I'm very behind on it though, like shamefully behind! :s I'll need to catch up before I move in I think.
I'm not a big drinker and I was wondering if any of you were the same? Does anyone know of any fresher events other than clubbing/drinking?
Original post by bubblegum21
I'm not a big drinker and I was wondering if any of you were the same? Does anyone know of any fresher events other than clubbing/drinking?

Me too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubblegum21

I don't drink at all really, glad I've found a couple of other people in a similar situation! :smile:
I want to go out and drink for freshers but don't know what to do about tickets and wristbands, my sister advised me not to buy any but everyone seems to be buying a ticket or wristband of some kind. Seems stupid to me because you don't know if your flat mates will be going yet, but I don't want to be left out
Original post by pirex45

Haven't really heard anything back from accommodations so not too sure yet, although I might move in on the 17th.
I'm doing Mechanical Engineering :smile:
Original post by ao_no_exorcist21
Haven't really heard anything back from accommodations so not too sure yet, although I might move in on the 17th.
I'm doing Mechanical Engineering :smile:

I'm doing Mech Eng too! :smile:
Is everyone moving in on the 16th or 17th? (or maybe even later?)

I would hate to be the last person moving in so just making sure :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending