Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    this September i will start sixth form and i need a laptop. after looking at all the apple laptops i decided i wanted the 13" MacBook Pro with retina display.

as i will be using my laptop to do work in school everyday should i get the:

128 GB storage laptop or the 256 GB storage laptop.

the subjects i will be doing are quite creative aswell and i will be using my laptop every day of the week to do school work

the reason i am asking is i don't know how big a 128 GB storage is (because if it is quite big, storage wise, then i will be buying it)
    thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kobisha)
    this September i will start sixth form and i need a laptop. after looking at all the apple laptops i decided i wanted the 13" MacBook Pro with retina display.

as i will be using my laptop to do work in school everyday should i get the:

128 GB storage laptop or the 256 GB storage laptop.

the subjects i will be doing are quite creative aswell and i will be using my laptop every day of the week to do school work

the reason i am asking is i don't know how big a 128 GB storage is (because if it is quite big, storage wise, then i will be buying it)
    thanks
    I have the 13" retina pro wirh 128gb and its pretty small but instead of buying more storage from apple at ridiculous prices i bough a £45 1tb external harddrive x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No-one needs a laptop/MacBook for school. Don't waste money on larger drives, just get external storage.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    No-one needs a laptop/MacBook for school. Don't waste money on larger drives, just get external storage.
    You dont need it, but it was probably the most useful thing i had! Saved so much time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Macbook Air 11 is the best.

ReputationRep:
    1) Macs are ****
    2) You dont need a laptop for 6th form
    3) Just get the lowest memory one and get an external hard drive if you REALLY want to waste your money buying a laptop

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.