The Student Room Group

Girls, how much do you spend on a handbag?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 34908seikj
Eh I guess. I've never really looked at it that way, ultimately it's just a bag.

Which you spent £500 on! I'd protect anything I'd spent that much on with my life haha.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
As a male these prices being mentioned so casually make me frightened and afraid.

init... how are people not falling over in shock at spending £500 on a handbag...
The most I've spent so far is less than £20 from mostly New Look - my most recent one has lasted forever and I use it every day so I don't see much point in spending more on a handbag. But with regards to backpacks, I'd probably be willing to spend upto £40 for good quality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I asked for a Louis Vuitton for my birthday a couple years ago (cost about 700) and I'm still using it now. I'd always go for quality because you do go get what you pay for
Reply 24
if it's not a designer bag then i'd spend anything up to £100, but luxury handbags are an investment. So, it's all relative to what value you place on it.
Maybe £25, unless it was for Christmas or something*
I never spend more than £25 on bags because I'm not that picky tbh
No more than £20 normally.
Most I'd spend is £45 I think, but it depends on how much you like it / how much money you have and how much use you'd get out of it I guess. I don't think £52 is too bad though. I mean, you've gone to the extent of making a thread about it so you must really like it...
(edited 7 years ago)
Out of my own money, no more than £100 (My Longchamp, some cute bags/backpacks from newly, tiptop etc). Anything more would require asking my parents :lol:
Original post by Allie4
£500 for LV? didn't know you could get LV bags that cheap

The Speedy 30 in Monogram is £550 :smile:
Probably £200-£300 if it was designer and a good quality so it would last. ☺️
Handbags are the only item (Clothing related) where I think I won't spend a lot of money on lol :s Idk why...like I just don't care about them that much? As long as the material isn't bad I don't see why people would spend tons of money on it? Although my Mums hand bag collection is about £5,000lol :s
Original post by loveleest
Handbags are the only item (Clothing related) where I think I won't spend a lot of money on lol :s Idk why...like I just don't care about them that much? As long as the material isn't bad I don't see why people would spend tons of money on it? Although my Mums hand bag collection is about £5,000lol :s

I feel like it's a thing some people appreciate more with age? Because I never used to give two stuffs, but now I've got a list of bags I'd loooove to own :love:

Spoiler

Original post by sleepinglions
I feel like it's a thing some people appreciate more with age? Because I never used to give two stuffs, but now I've got a list of bags I'd loooove to own :love:

Spoiler

Hmm maybe. I am 18 and maybe ti will hit me in a few years time.
Original post by loveleest
Hmm maybe. I am 18 and maybe ti will hit me in a few years time.

Yeah, I remember during sixth form I did't really give two stuffs, I had a Michael Kors bag as it was just the in thing :lol: but couldn't imagine spending hundreds and hundreds/thousands kinda thing
£50 max
Original post by honour
I have my eyes on a new arrivals handbag from Fiorelli, which costs £52 after discount. It's very stylish and compact - but at that price, I'm not sure whether to buy it or not. So, I'm wondering, how much money do you spend on a handbag?

Original post by Hamo2509
Designer bags really are high quality finishing though. And they retain their value if you ever want to re-sell them. Some (Chanel, LV, Hermes) even appreciate in value so it's a solid investment.

I'm a guy
the most I've spent on a 2 messenger bags was £875 (1 Montblanc and an LV) for personal use
but
for commercial trading I've spent £3,500 on a used Hermes Birkin which I bought in Yorkshire on holiday and I took it back to London and got £8,000 from a dealer
My parents bought me a mulberry for my 18th, which looking back on it was the biggest waste of £900, seeing as I don't carry a handbag now. Phone goes in one pocket and card holder goes in another pocket
My max is £35, I usually spend £25 because I use the bank of mum and dad and they aren't made of money 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest