The Student Room Group

A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17
D1 is not very Mathsy. There are 4 mark questions for putting a list of numbers into an order. The hardest bit is graphical inequalities with a silly level of contextual depth. The boundaries are usually very high though.

Thank you for the Info

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LenniesRabbit
Results

English Literature: Predicted B / Achieved A

Sociology: Predicted B / Achieved A

Government and Poltics: Predicted C / Achieved A

Psychology: Predicted B / Achieved B

EPQ: Predicted A / Achieved A

Bad luck having to do English Lit, psychology and sociology...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by spoiler-s
I am in year 12 but I learnt and sat all the maths exams for the full A2 - which is how I got the A*! The statistics however is an AS
Therefore, in this thread your results are as follows:

Statistics: Predicted A / Achieved A

Original post by Abstract_Prism
Very nice!

What will you be doing in the future?

Ahahahahahha, literally no clue.

First off I want to get into Cambridge to do Linguistics, and then maybe do a masters and PhD or something in a more specific area? Or, after getting my BA, I'll find a job which has a semi-decent pay and try and work my way up in that? Or I might do a transfer from Linguistics to Psychology or Law or something like that?

TLDR I have no frickin clue
Am i the only one who didn't do AS exams for subjects that are now two year courses? We just did a mock in school for those subjects
Results

Maths: Predicted A, achieved A (including 100UMS in C1)
Further Maths: Predicted A, achieved A
Physics: Predicted B, achieved A
Chemistry: Predicted A, achieved A

Also my further maths class were entered for C3 maths - got 100UMS, still don't know how...

Reaction

Very pleased, especially with C3, and with physics.

Future ambitions

Study mechanical engineering @ Imperial
Results

English language: Predicted B / Achieved B
English literature: Predicted C / Achieved C
Psychology: Predicted C / Achieved C

Comments and reactions

Those grades could have been so much better but at least I got my predicted grades and am allowed to carry on to year 13!

Future ambitions

To study English language and linguistics at Southampton university :biggrin:
Original post by RZA17
Firstly, congratulationsssss. May I ask, how you revised??? I need as much advise as I can get.

My revision method is tailored towards me and works best for me so I wouldn't recommend it for others. If I'm revising the content then I literally re-read and memorise things. If i have plenty of time ill make a few revision cards. Once I've learned all the content I do all the papers while constantly reviewing my notes and the textbook notes.

Definitely do all the past papers available to you!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
D1 is not very Mathsy. There are 4 mark questions for putting a list of numbers into an order. The hardest bit is graphical inequalities with a silly level of contextual depth. The boundaries are usually very high though.

That awkward moment when you say the grade boundaries are 'very high' yet 100 UMS in D1 edexcel this year was 63/75 haha :biggrin:
Original post by matt.thorne10
That awkward moment when you say the grade boundaries are 'very high' yet 100 UMS in D1 edexcel /this year was 63/75
I said usually. The mean grade boundary for D1 is 75/75. haha :biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RachelCx99
Is sociology AQA? If it is, how many points did you get as I got a B and I am trying to work out how many points away from an A I was

No, my board was OCR, sorry!
Original post by matt.thorne10
That awkward moment when you say the grade boundaries are 'very high' yet 100 UMS in D1 edexcel this year was 63/75 haha :biggrin:

I do aqa is that better?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
I do aqa is that better?
The unit will contain most of the same stuff. Edexcel is the more popular exam board for Maths that's all.
Edexcel Biology IAL - 298/300 UMS (A)
Edexcel Physics IAL - 290/300 UMS (A)
Edexcel Chemistry IAL - 286/300 UMS (A)
Edexcel IAL C12 - 183/200 UMS (A) & S1 - 99/100 UMS (A).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
The unit will contain most of the same stuff. Edexcel is the more popular exam board for Maths that's all.

Alright kls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 515
Results
Maths: Predicted B / Achieved A
Chemistry: Predicted C / Achieved A
Physics: Predicted B / Achieved B
Art: Predicted C / Achieved B

Comments and Reactions
Kinda expected these results, although thought it would've been an A in art instead of Chemistry
Future Ambitions
Studying architecture at uni, want to goto Cambridge but don't think I can get an offer with these AS grades.
AAA in maths biology and chemistry :biggrin: at AS level
BBB in History, English Lit/Lang and Media
A*AB in Economics, Biology and Maths respectively
Results

Biology: Predicted A / Achieved A
Psychology: Predicted A / Achieved A
ICT: Predicted A / Achieve A
Chemistry: Predicted B / Achieved B

Comments and Reactions
Over the moon! SO happy with these results considering the fact I came out of every exam wanting to cry.

Future Ambitions
To study either Law or Psychology at university :h:

Quick Reply

Latest