Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am considering applying to loughborough and I was wondering if any current students could tell me more about life at the university, student accomodation, how they find their course (i want to do engineering physics), etc.
    Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by IDontKnowReally)
    I am considering applying to loughborough and I was wondering if any current students could tell me more about life at the university, student accomodation, how they find their course (i want to do engineering physics), etc.
    Thanks
    Hey IDontKnowReally

I've been a student here for a long while now having studied at both undergrad and postgrad level, and I've loved every minute of it! As well as being part of an incredibly supportive department, what I've enjoyed most about my time here has been the number of extracurricular opportunities to get involved in. Obviously we have a great reputation for sport but there's loads of other stuff including language classes, loads of creative opportunities with LU Arts, and over 100 societies run through the Students Union.

In terms of accommodation, I spent my first year in David Collett. DC is catered and it worked really well for me. The food was fairly varied and mealtimes were a great way to meet other members of the hall and bring everyone together. There are so many accommodation options - catered, en-suite, on campus and slightly off-campus - so you'll be able to find something that suits your needs. You can find info about all of the halls here. After first year, most students move in a student house with friends they've met in first year - there are loads of options across Loughborough to suit all budgets.

More generally, the fact that Loughborough has a large student population means that the town itself has a really studenty feel to it. There are plenty of places to eat out for a reasonable price and plenty of student nights on in addition to the three nights at the Students' Union. Another bonus has been the ease of transport to pretty much anywhere in the country - we're on a mainline to London (takes about 1.5 hours into St Pancras) and within half an hour of Nottingham, Leicester and Derby.

Hope this helps! If you have any more specific questions, just shout

Teresa

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.