Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How long has your current portable music player lasted you? I'm just curious =P. My current 5G iPod has lasted a little over a year. I heard about iPod lasting from 2 weeks to over 3 years, so the time before failure seems pretty large...

ReputationRep:
    4G iPod, 2 years and still going.

ReputationRep:
    I had a 2GB ipod which has lasted a year and 2 or 3 months..but I gave it to my mum and bought a 30GB 5th gen ipod

I had problems with my 2GB freezing, playing music during the night and deleting music, but dixons refused to send it to apple, as when they did their "test" the ipod was fine..

ReputationRep:
    My Zen Vision:M has lasted 15 months now and my Zen Touch the old brick is something silly old about 3 years now.

ReputationRep:
    oh! i also have a creative MuVo NX - ancient thing, only 256MB - which has lasted me however long i had it, around 3 years, i think

ReputationRep:
    my ipod mini lasted me a year and a bit tll it got stolen
    my current 30gb ipod-4 months

ReputationRep:
    Had my Sony Walkman (A3000) since December 05, so 1 and a half years.

ReputationRep:
    My 30gb ipod has lasted me about 18 months so far with no problems, before that I had a creative zen nomad 40gb thing that would probably still be working had I not set magnets down beside it.

ReputationRep:
    My current one (Sony NW-A300, i think), has lasted just over 2 years so far,
    Before that i had a Creative Zen Jukebox thingymabob, and that lasted about 3 years of me owning/using it everyday, and now it sits on my shelf, but still worked last time i checked (which was around christmas time, i believe)

ReputationRep:
    ipod has lasted me 2 years 7 months.

ReputationRep:
    ive had a 6gb ipod mini for a couple of years now? i cant even remember how long. Ive never really had any problems with it! But i think im quite careful with things, people seem to break things, but i have very rarely broken anything.

ReputationRep:
    I've had my iPod (3rd gen) since Xmas 2003, so that's about 3.5 years.

It hasn't had any problems apart from me killing the hard drive (around Xmas '05) when I was skating and fell with it in my pocket, but I installed a new hard drive and battery and it's still working great with daily use (although with a couple of battle scars!).

ReputationRep:
    My Zen Sleek will have been going for 2 years this August. Only had one problem early on where the hard drive had failed, but the replacement has been working perfectly since.

ReputationRep:
    My 20Gb 4th gen iPod (black and white screen) has been going strong for over 2 years now

ReputationRep:
    My Sony mini-disc player is still going strong :P I'm sure the ****er's invincible.

My 30GB iPod lasted for about seven months. I've had the replacement for about a month and it still works!

ReputationRep:
    My 20GB 4G iPod has lasted me since the day it was released in summer 2004, so that's now over three years ago. No problems yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Empyreal Rhapsody)
    My Sony mini-disc player is still going strong :P I'm sure the ****er's invincible.
    My sony mini-disk player lasted just over a year before it broke:confused:
    I can't say i was that gutted though =P

ReputationRep:
    60gb 5th gen ipod i got christmas 05, so about a year and a half now.

It's pretty badly scracted (it seems my pockets are lined with sand paper) and the start/pause button doesn't work anymore....but besides that it's fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harv616)
    60gb 5th gen ipod i got christmas 05, so about a year and a half now.

It's pretty badly scracted (it seems my pockets are lined with sand paper) and the start/pause button doesn't work anymore....but besides that it's fine!

Applesauce (scratch remover): http://www.applesaucepolish.com/

Best Skins Ever (scratch proof skin): http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...or-80GB/Detail

Sorted!

ReputationRep:
    Every iPod i've had, have lasted me from start to finish, technically. :-)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 16, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.