The Student Room Group

Acceptance into law course chance?

I'm going into my second year of sixth form and want to apply to do law at university, however I failed my maths GCSE and got a D. Last year (12) I retook it and currently awaiting for the results. Lets say if I have failed it again(hope i havent), what are the chances of me getting accepted into university, if my a level grades are looking fairly good.
Original post by choco_monsterxo
I'm going into my second year of sixth form and want to apply to do law at university, however I failed my maths GCSE and got a D. Last year (12) I retook it and currently awaiting for the results. Lets say if I have failed it again(hope i havent), what are the chances of me getting accepted into university, if my a level grades are looking fairly good.

Most graduate jobs (and legal postgrad courses) require 5 GCSEs including English and Maths at C and above. A university that accepts you without a C in Maths could well be teaching you for 3+ years only to send you out for unemployment or non-professional employment.

Because of this most universities are very strict on GCSE requirements in a way that they aren't for A levels. If you've failed again then see if you can retake ASAP (sometimes Maths GCSE is available for an autumn resit) and keep retaking until you get that C grade.
Original post by JohnGreek
What unis are you considering to apply to? What are your A-level grades/predictions?

Brunel
Kingston
Reading
SOAS

Because Im doing level 3 subjects im predicted D, DM which is equivalent to A, AB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending