The Student Room Group

Oxbridge rejects- how has life been for you?

Well it looks like I'm going to be rejected by Oxbridge for economics and I was just wondering whether there were any Oxbridge rejects here? If so, what uni did you end up going to and, if you've graduated, what career are you going into?
Are you still disappointed about getting rejected by Oxbridge or are you fine with it? Do you feel that you would have ended up in a better situation if you did go to Oxbridge?
Reply 1
Lol what's the point of this thread
I applied, five years ago now, to Cambridge for Mathematics and was rejected post interview. But I managed to get into Warwick for the same course and I haven't really looked back.

If you really want to go to Oxbridge you can consider a masters there (although I know not everyone is in the financial position to do so) provided that you've done well enough in your undergraduate. Otherwise just try to gradually phase it out of your mind. You'll eventually forget about it altogether but I understand that that can take a while at first.
(edited 7 years ago)
It may sting a bit but unless you've really invested youself in it, you'll almost forget that you ever applied in no time.
Reply 4
lol @ someone who can't get over an oxbridge rejection.
you'll practically have forgotten it in a few months don't worry

I was rejected from cambridge post-interview (not surprised, the interview was a disaster), I messed up my A levels a bit due to illness and ended up at my reserve anyway (Loughborough) and I'm plenty happy with that, I had a great 3 years and was very happy... Knowing how high pressure Cambridge is and having met some very snobby people at interview (probably isn't representative of oxbridge students but I met a couple of really ridiculous people) I don't think it would have been right for me at all to go there so I have no regrets

it's perfectly possible to succeed without going to oxbridge so forget it and move on
Original post by Ladbants
Well it looks like I'm going to be rejected by Oxbridge for economics and I was just wondering whether there were any Oxbridge rejects here? If so, what uni did you end up going to and, if you've graduated, what career are you going into?
Are you still disappointed about getting rejected by Oxbridge or are you fine with it? Do you feel that you would have ended up in a better situation if you did go to Oxbridge?

I'm confused. Why are you anticipating being rejected now? If you are rejected, you won't know about it until January next year. Enjoy your summer!
Original post by Ladbants

I'm pretty certain the life of someone who had serious chances of getting into Oxbridge isn't going to be awful, since a lot of them end up going to LSE, UCL, Imperial etc.

Quick Reply

Latest