Haven't booked accomodation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Atm my firm is NTU and my insurance is Portsmouth, even though results are less than a fortnight away I have no clue why I'm doing with my life hence I haven't booked accomodation, is this something that I should do before results day or will there still be loads left?
    If the only option is shared bathrooms I'll give uni a miss😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toby007)
    Atm my firm is NTU and my insurance is Portsmouth, even though results are less than a fortnight away I have no clue why I'm doing with my life hence I haven't booked accomodation, is this something that I should do before results day or will there still be loads left?
    At this late stage you may find that university halls are full, accomodation deadlines are usually well before results day. However I know Nottingham has a number of private halls so they might have a room available. And everyone has to share a bathroom in second year onwards.

ReputationRep:
    It's probably too late for an ensuite. But you can probably still find a place to rent privately, although you'll need to have enough for a proper deposit and such. You could always take a year to work and figure out what exactly it is that you want to do. It's usually not a good idea to go to uni if you're not sure about it cause you may just end up getting a debt and dropping out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    At this late stage you may find that university halls are full, accomodation deadlines are usually well before results day. However I know Nottingham has a number of private halls so they might have a room available. And everyone has to share a bathroom in second year onwards.
    With the course I'm on years 2+3 are abroad so that wouldn't be an issue but yeah they're probably all full up by now😕

(Original post by Devify)
    It's probably too late for an ensuite. But you can probably still find a place to rent privately, although you'll need to have enough for a proper deposit and such. You could always take a year to work and figure out what exactly it is that you want to do. It's usually not a good idea to go to uni if you're not sure about it cause you may just end up getting a debt and dropping out.
    Not even considered renting somewhere bc thought prices would be too high but maybe something to look at, my parents are against me taking a year out because they have it in their minds that I'll just do nothing for a year, also my course involves languages and not speaking a language for a year you lose so much of it

ReputationRep:
    Not even considered renting somewhere bc thought prices would be too high but maybe something to look at, my parents are against me taking a year out because they have it in their minds that I'll just do nothing for a year, also my course involves languages and not speaking a language for a year you lose so much of it
    Look on gumtree and such. You can find a studio or 1bedroom flats for similar prices. First check the non agency once so you don't have to pay for fees. Ones right by the uni may be pretty expensive but finding one 1-2miles away is possible. I'm renting 1 bed flat which is only about £30 more expensive per month than the cheapest ensuite and that's mostly because I need to pay for broadband and electricity. I could've even found cheaper if I got one further away but this one is only 15-20min to walk to city centre and the uni so it was a nice location.

You could go and find a job, then tell them you want to work and save up for a year. If you already have a job then they won't be able to say that you just want to do nothing for a year. As for the languages, you can always practice at home. Watch movies in those languages or talk to people online to make sure you don't forget too much. Or even do weekly tests or something

ReputationRep:
    theres plenty of private student halls in nottingham - some are cheaper than the uni run ones. If you want some names let me know

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest you find accommodation before its too late and it starts getting a bit hectic at the start of the new year. use student accommodation services to find a place , I used pads for students , they helped me get a good accommodation . Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hello I have a studio flat if you are Interested. So you get your own kitchen and bathroom. Its £125 a week. It's fully furnished and all bills and wifi is included. It also has a gym,communal are and cinema room. ITS RIGHT IN THE CITY CENTRE so easy access to shops and transport. Let me know if you're interested or if you know if anyone else is !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi! You probably have found an accommodation by now, but if you haven't or you want to change I have a room at Peverel (en suite university accommodation) which I won't use so I need to give away, contact me at 07756 984107 if you are still interested.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.