Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Me and my ex broke up over three years ago and ever since earliar this year life has been good, I even met someone new, who made me realise that my ex ruined me.

I would love to feel that my ex was never coming back, there is just one problem with that, her skanky family are friends with mine, so I know I'll see the skank again. How can I prove that I hate her, if the words fail?

My family doesn't hate her, they think she is sweet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_91)
    Me and my ex broke up over three years ago and ever since earliar this year life has been good, I even met someone new, who made me realise that my ex ruined me.

I would love to feel that my ex was never coming back, there is just one problem with that, her skanky family are friends with mine, so I know I'll see the skank again. How can I prove that I hate her, if the words fail?

Lol why do you need to prove anything to her? Surely if you didn't feel anything for her you wouldn't care.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    just move on... trying to make your hatred clear won't bother her if they've moved on, it's only going to make you miserable
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    No - don't be immature.

ReputationRep:
    When you hate someone you just ignore them. By telling her how you feel you're actually telling her that she's still occupying space in your mind.

PS. It doesn't matter what your family thinks about her.

ReputationRep:
    The best form of revenge, is moving on with your life and being happy.

Don't be a drama queen like most youngsters. Keep your head held high and focus on what you have now.

No, it wouldn't achieve anything.

ReputationRep:
    Thetes a fine line between love and hate .

ReputationRep:

Silent treatment works best act like she doesn't exist especially if you are happy with someone new
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster

Hang on a minute - isn't there another glaring problem, or perhaps some inconsistencies?

Me and my ex split up after a heated argument two years ago, then mid last year her father split from her mother and my mother was there for him and soon began dating, which they kept secret until last Christmas and today after a family meal they annouced they were getting married.

My ex ruined me and left be feeling cold inside, so on the thought of never seeing her again made me feel happy, but now I'm annoyed and know that she'll do anything to anger me, which she likes to do.

I'm 25, what can I do?
    Your ex is supposedly now your stepsister but you've made no reference to that - I can see that being much more of a problem that your family being friends with hers.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.