Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have barely slept in over 5 weeks and completely losing my memory please help !!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Over 5 weeks ago I had a panic attack, ever since then I have pretty much completely lost the ability to sleep, my head is so numb and I feel high pressure and tension in my head all the time, feels like my head is swelling from no sleep my memory is so bad now like I mean really bad and it keeps getting worse and worse Iv'e done a lot of research on sleep and apparently it's necessary for the brain to repair, I just feel like an empty vesile now, nothing works sleeping tablets, anxiety tablets, you name it Iv'e been prescribed and tried it all, doctors just tell me it's anxiety making me think I'm loosing my memory but I just know their is something wrong I am just never tired, to be honest I don't know how I'm alive still, I have almost completely lost the ability to imaginative, and I am almost certain if they did a CT scan on my brain it would show extensive brain damage, I know most of you probably won't believe me, I'm at my witts end now I can't concentrate on even the most basic tasks now, another thing is I feel like my immune system has been affected, for example I have crazed my arm twice since the not sleeping started and both the grazes have turned to scars, I know this is not normal especially for me, please help me if you can, I'm really desperate now, and not sure how much longer I can go on like this, please help, thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave12345678910)
    lost the ability to sleep
    Check out the sleep section of my health and wellness guide. If you follow this to the T I expect your situation will improve
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Dave12345678910)
    Over 5 weeks ago I had a panic attack, ever since then I have pretty much completely lost the ability to sleep, my head is so numb and I feel high pressure and tension in my head all the time, feels like my head is swelling from no sleep my memory is so bad now like I mean really bad and it keeps getting worse and worse Iv'e done a lot of research on sleep and apparently it's necessary for the brain to repair, I just feel like an empty vesile now, nothing works sleeping tablets, anxiety tablets, you name it Iv'e been prescribed and tried it all, doctors just tell me it's anxiety making me think I'm loosing my memory but I just know their is something wrong I am just never tired, to be honest I don't know how I'm alive still, I have almost completely lost the ability to imaginative, and I am almost certain if they did a CT scan on my brain it would show extensive brain damage, I know most of you probably won't believe me, I'm at my witts end now I can't concentrate on even the most basic tasks now, another thing is I feel like my immune system has been affected, for example I have crazed my arm twice since the not sleeping started and both the grazes have turned to scars, I know this is not normal especially for me, please help me if you can, I'm really desperate now, and not sure how much longer I can go on like this, please help, thanks a lot
    Okay, I've struggled with similar stuff before. You need to stay calm. You don't have brain damage. Without proper rest and sleep, your cognitive function can be impaired. This does not mean brain damage. Go back to your GP, a different doctor if you can, and see if you can get help for anxiety, not just pills, and talk about your sleep problems and issues with functioning day to day. Stay calm during the appointment and write down a list of symptoms and questions to take in with you so you don't forget anything, and write down anything the doctor tells you during the appointment so you don't forget any of it. Make sure you're sticking to a proper routine. Go to bed at the same time, sleep without any TV or lights on, eat properly, quit caffeine in the afternoons, make sure your room is a good temperature for you. Maybe try and get a little bit of exercise in one afternoon/evening. Give things a couple of weeks to work. You won't find your miracle cure after a couple of nights. Anxiety meds can take weeks to start taking effect, and you could need different ones entirely, so don't give up on those. Explain they've made no difference and ask if there is anything else you can try. Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.