Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    i am 286/508
    it could be a lot worse but seriously... i dunno if my not being 500th will make a difference because it may only be the first 100 who get a place

ReputationRep:
    I am 176/500. Still not much chance of me getting anything.

ReputationRep:
    i'm 35/508.. i'm surprised

ReputationRep:
    ung.... i duno what to dooooo
    i dont wanna stay hom another whole year, but i dont wanna go 6 hours away
    why do all the unis near me suck for my corse? why are they all 5 miles from each other its a bit stupid

ReputationRep:
    http://rhbncac.facebook.com/marketpl..._id=2729495179

Does this work for non RHUL facebookers?

ReputationRep:
    "Sorry, this listing has been removed by its owner or is not visible due to privacy settings."

ReputationRep:
    457th, high score!

*sigh*

Anyone want a housemate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex_biomeds)
    i'm 35/508.. i'm surprised
    Probably worth you hanging on then I guess! Something is bound to come up! I'm glad for your sake - at least one of us got some partially good news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coral)
    "Sorry, this listing has been removed by its owner or is not visible due to privacy settings."
    Ah ok.

It was a market place advert for a room in Kingswood II that someone doesn't want.

ReputationRep:
    Am number 28th on the list so thats not to bad. Nonetheless, I did apply on the 3rd of may!!!

ReputationRep:
    508 is a lot of people on the waiting list, but many will find accommodation in the local area with other students within the first couple of weeks of term, have to sign contracts for the year, so will come off the list. The problem will be where to live in the meantime if your home isn't within commuting distance.

ReputationRep:
    anna, i think that we will have to book rooms before going there. we can do it using the internet. when we arrive their all the rooms will be taken =(

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can give up until results are out really. There may be many people who don't get their grades and therefore their rooms will become available after results day....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah Sheep)
    http://rhbncac.facebook.com/marketpl..._id=2729495179

Does this work for non RHUL facebookers?
    I got this:

£4,282 - Kingswood Room for 2007/8
    Listed by Dom Christophers on July 11th.
    Housing - Rentals/Apartments | 1 views
    Num Rooms: 1
    Num Baths: 1

Room in Kingswood, single, ensuite, non-smoking, catered.
    Rent shown is for whole year, more detailed price is available here:
    http://www.rhul.ac.uk/Registry/sac/sh/fees-ug-pg.html

NB: i am advertising this as i do not want the room but the college have told me the only way i can avoid paying a lot for it is by lining up someone who wishes to take the room!! i am not leasing this!
    Listed at Royal Holloway.

ReputationRep:
    do u actually mean that u don't wanna keep the room?
    i would die to get an ensuite!

ReputationRep:
    thats expensive, i really do want a room but ist kingswood not right on campus and more expensive, it would make more sense if it was off campus=cheaper
    but it has tapas right?

so are you leasing it Hana? im confused cus you were quoting

ReputationRep:
    you got kingswood, Hana? Brilliant! Why don;t you want it?

Kingswood is the sex.

ReputationRep:
    and moogle, if youre after meeting lots of people and all that community stuff, you want kingswood. without a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you all know about what I heave heard about the accommodation waiting list;

The College are currently in negotiations to provide accommodation for the majority if not all of those currently on the waiting list. The outcome of this deal will be published no later than 13th August. Futher information shall be posted on www.rhul.ac.uk and www.su.rhul.ac.uk as soon as it becomes available.

Hope this clears things up a little!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 29, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.