The Student Room Group

Why is queston sent for review if correct answer but wrong working?

I sat the Edexcel Maths GCSE Papers in May and June. For one question, I did not know how to do the question and guessed and answer of 19. I put some random working on the paper in the hope of picking up marks. It turns out that my answer was right (judging from my friends)! However, one of my friends said that I would not get any marks for this question because I got the right answer from the wrong working. He said to check the Edexcel mark schemes as proof. The mark scheme said that 0 marks should be awarded and the response "should be sent to review". Why should the response be sent to review? I am really worrying, so can someone tell me what happens!?!?
Reply 1
Did the question state 'Show your working.'?
Original post by dp00
I sat the Edexcel Maths GCSE Papers in May and June. For one question, I did not know how to do the question and guessed and answer of 19. I put some random working on the paper in the hope of picking up marks. It turns out that my answer was right (judging from my friends)! However, one of my friends said that I would not get any marks for this question because I got the right answer from the wrong working. He said to check the Edexcel mark schemes as proof. The mark scheme said that 0 marks should be awarded and the response "should be sent to review". Why should the response be sent to review? I am really worrying, so can someone tell me what happens!?!?

You asked this question before on another thread so im going to copy and paste my response from there:

Because you're not really showing you can answer the question by guessing. You shouldnt get the marks because you clearly dont know how to answer the question. Its also to probably stop giving marks to people who cheat

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
What's with the constant reposting of this question? This is like the fifth time.
Original post by ad4m
What's with the constant reposting of this question? This is like the fifth time.
okay guys i am really worrying!! Thats why i asked the question 5 odd times!! Can anyone give me an opinion I should go buy!?!? I think my friends are teasing me but will the exam board take away all my marks from the paper just for one question? They think I somehow got the answers to the paper (i think they are joking) which we all know is rubbish anyway... will the marks for that sub question be deducted?? Thanks!!
thank you very much! I am really paranoid!! When you say "that question", do you mean JUST the sub question or the whole of the question?? Sorry for bugging you and thanks for responding!!

Quick Reply

Latest