Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Saw the trailer for this movie...and I must say...I might actually go and watch it...has a good cast too...

ReputationRep:
    I'm really looking forward to seeing this!

ReputationRep:
    John Travolta is it? Might have to go and see it, looks quite funny

ReputationRep:
    John Travolta in a fat suit as a woman is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    i really want to see it. i have seen a few clips and i have to say that john travolta looks like he really likes wearing womens dresses lol it looks really good and there's some fantastic people in it

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen the original? With cute chubby Ricky Lake...bless!

ReputationRep:
    i haven't but i want to. i'm waiting for it to come back on tv.

ReputationRep:
    I really want to see the original, but haven't seen it about.

ReputationRep:
    what is it about? i've only heard about it because i saw a poster on the side of a bus for it!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm seeing it-looks quite entertaining...

ReputationRep:
    Its just had quite possibly the best radio one review i have ever heard! and off to see it tonight...so woooo!!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Really?! Should be a fun night tonight then....

ReputationRep:
    No! John Travolta's character looks remarkably similar to a scary female English teacher in my school. Nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    Not a huge fan of musicals, but the reviews have been pretty good so I probably will go to see it.

Excellent cast as well.

ReputationRep:
    I also am unsure whether to see this as I saw it on Broadway whilst I was in the States a couple of years ago... which was btw INCREDIBLE good fun!

Hairspray the Musical is coming to the West End in October....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    I also am unsure whether to see this as I saw it on Broadway whilst I was in the States a couple of years ago... which was btw INCREDIBLE good fun!

Hairspray the Musical is coming to the West End in October....

Hello, just to say that I am going to New York and seeing it in three days' time- so you recommend it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by albolton)
    Hello, just to say that I am going to New York and seeing it in three days' time- so you recommend it?
    Most definately.

You should be dancing in the aisles. It's good fun.

My advice though remains if you intend at all to see this in the States on Broadway, or in the West End when it starts this Autumn; don't ruin the stage show by seeing the movie!

ReputationRep:
    Think I'm going to see this next weekend. It looks really good. I love musicals

ReputationRep:
    Saw it today. It's great! Different to what I expected, but it's good! My Dad came and he said it's the best film he's seen all year! lol

ReputationRep:
    It was good. I somehow magically managed to not sing my heart out during some of the songs!
    But there were some songs that was just too long and blah, but overall it was good.

James Marsden yummy. As is Zac Efron.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 1, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.