Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

LLM in International Commercial Law and Practice. Should I take it? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've recently graduated with a 2:1 in Business Management and Economics. I decided to go on and do a Masters to boost my CV and expand my employment opportunities as I've been told it would. I've been offered a place at Edinburgh uni to do a Masters in International Commerical Law and Practice part time over two years however I need some info to decide if taking the course is worth it. I have no qualifications to practice law so what careers would this Masters actually open up for me? Are there entry level/graduate jobs for someone with these qualifications?

Also I may be moving to Norway once I have completed the course so if anyone knows how well these qualifications would be received in the job market over there that would be much appreciated too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonhamer93)
    I've recently graduated with a 2:1 in Business Management and Economics. I decided to go on and do a Masters to boost my CV and expand my employment opportunities as I've been told it would. I've been offered a place at Edinburgh uni to do a Masters in International Commerical Law and Practice part time over two years however I need some info to decide if taking the course is worth it. I have no qualifications to practice law so what careers would this Masters actually open up for me? Are there entry level/graduate jobs for someone with these qualifications?

Also I may be moving to Norway once I have completed the course so if anyone knows how well these qualifications would be received in the job market over there that would be much appreciated too.
    I don't know anything about Norway.

But be careful with these courses if you are thinking of pursuing a legal career in the UK. It is highly unlikely these will allow you to practice either in Scotland or England & Wales. For both of these routes you will need to do either an post-grad LLB course or for England & Wales, the GDL. You will then need to do the DLP (Scotland) or LPC (England & Wales).

For non-legal careers the masters won't necessary open doors itself, but is likely to be well received by most graduate employers, particularly those in any professional services/corporate environment. But the same could be said of people who just have a good undergrad degree or other masters too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.