Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Financial Evidence to Support Application a bit Late watch

SFE just sent me an E-Mail about a 'Household Income Check' to tell me that they're 'checking my household income to make sure you get the correct amount of student finance' and that they will 'contact my parents to ask them to confirm their income'. This confused me as I sent in the PFF2 forms a few months ago, they processed it and didn't ask for any more evidence. Additionally, my Student Finance account online doesn't say that I need to send more evidence.

I gave them a call to see what this was about and the adviser told me that I had to send in financial evidence such as a P60 form or paychecks, although this isn't indicated anywhere in the E-Mail I received. Because of this, I have a couple questions.

Was what the adviser said correct? I'd generally assume so but what she said isn't indicated in the E-Mail.

If it is, my application will likely be complete after the start of my course, as SFE currently have delays of around 2 weeks. As there is a base maintenance loan, will I receive that before the financial information is properly processed or not?

Thank you in advance.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Hi NotAWildman

We do run audit checks on applications. If you have been asked to provide evidence, I would advise you to do so as soon as you can.

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.