Sam909
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Can you please tell me what subjects in the IB are considered 'Essay- Based'? This is because I want to study Law at university and they say you need 'essay-based' subjects. What other subjects are good for Law?
username1750959
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Primarily English Literature and History. Some people also opt for Philosophy.
That.Italian
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think also psychology
Galaxie501
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I took higher level History. Very much essay writing - as it to be expected. I wrote about 10-20 practice essays during the 2 IB years. Heres the thing: if I somehow managed it, then you can too. Even though I invested most of my subject efforts into history I was not a diligent student. Far from it.

For higher level history I can give you a tip: Its about mixing facts with personal (reasonable) analysis. Download as many grade boundaries from the previous year as you can and see what the examiners love. Study the grade boundaries of your route (European history, or middle eastern history etc. etc. etc.) Getting the perfect essay structure and organizing your thoughts in a clear manner is literally half the deal. The rest of the deal is to deliver good essay content.

Law schools do like history I heard. So if you want to study law, then history should be one of your priorities if you ask me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (19)
30.65%
No (43)
69.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise