The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sparkle Brooke
I know it was accepted because I received an email from sfe on Monday confirming it, and yes it's quite difficult

That should stand you in good stead then as the Uni will not forget the financial aspect.
Best advice is take what you have learned from previous years as a learning curve and re-evaluate your studying to see where you need to improve.
Things to consider,

Do you need to reduce your social time or perhaps increase your studying?
Are you happy with current method of studying, perhaps change or tweak a few things?
Get feedback from tutors to see what scored you less points, it could be the real little things that could have reduced your grade?
Look into different methods to learn material?
Do you do better in course work or exams?
Perhaps look into how you revise and tweak it a little bit?
Hi OP,

I can't really provide you with meaningful advice but I hope everything will go well for you in the end.

At any rate, is there reason why you failed an exam three times in a row? Didn't you study or are/were you simply not interested in the course?

Before, you apply to another University it is good that you discover the reasons why you didn't fulfil your potential because £9,000 is a lot of money to pay.
(edited 7 years ago)
Good luck, OP. I hope it goes well for you. Chin up, and let us know how you got on.
Original post by Sparkle Brooke
Hi
I was an Aston university student studying Business management, I failed three modules in first year I was allowed to continue onto second year while trailing two modules out of three as I passed the one of the modules in summer l. I passed the second module but failed the third and achieved a 2:2 in second year. My university have decided to remove me from my course and I don't know what to do. I tried to appeal it but they still removed me and I've been told by three universites that I can't transfer as I didn't leave 1st year with a 2:1. I don't know what I am gonna do as I really need my degree. Can anyone help?

HelloJust contacting you to find out how you got on. I'm also a student at Aston and went through a similar situation. Did you transfer uni's or still a student at Aston ? I'm also confused on what to do. Aston has just pro longed everything for me.
Reply 25
Hi after you failed the trailed module in january did you continue to finish second year or did they remove you from the course in january? Also how much did you failed by? I just failed 1/2 of my trailed modules and i’m not sure what is going to happen
Original post by sdx1998
Hi after you failed the trailed module in january did you continue to finish second year or did they remove you from the course in january? Also how much did you failed by? I just failed 1/2 of my trailed modules and i’m not sure what is going to happen

Thread is 2 years old.
Reply 27
Original post by Seamus123
Thread is 2 years old.

Yeah but the same rules will most likely still apply?
HiI failed the mark by 3 , I passed 2 out of the 3 and I was allowed to finish second year completely. I wasn't removed from my course until August. If you don't complete all modules then you don't get all of the credits which means you can't move on. Unfortunately they might ask you to leave, which at first is the hardest thing, but it's not going to be the end. I went on to re start my course at the university of Leeds which is a Russel group, and I'm on track of graduating this year with a 1st.

Latest

Trending

Trending