The Student Room Group

Do straight guys actually want monogamous relationships

Scroll to see replies

Yes, I'm having two right now.
Original post by natalie427
I think you are categorising, sort of like stereotyping. 'one of those ..' then giving the category.

I think good-looking people don't want to be associated with being dicks.

Also, the anger is not needed, calm down. Name-calling isn't my kind of thing.

Plus calling a plant green isn't offensive.

To me it did imply that. My opinion, and I had a right to express my opinion. Thats what forums are for.

Well no forums aren't for passive aggresive replies, you wrongly assumed something that was implied, and used it to promote your own agenda. Simply put.
I've been in relationships just for sex and I've been in relationships just for love. So yes.
Original post by ComputerMaths97
Well no forums aren't for passive aggresive replies, you wrongly assumed something that was implied, and used it to promote your own agenda. Simply put.

Sorry, I didn't realise my post was gonna get another reply.

Not sure if you know what passive aggressive is as really I don't know how that was passive aggressive?

Heres a definition:

Passive-aggressive behavior is the indirect expression of hostility, such as through procrastination, stubbornness, sullen behavior, or deliberate or repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is (often explicitly) responsible.

Nope... my opinion isn't any of them .

It was direct and not aggressive.

Promote my own agenda.....nope.

Ive learnt through my job dealing with young teenagers who are unable to engage in correct behaviours that comments like this is correct with them (however minor it is) . We teach the boys to not call people 'girls' or 'gays', we also teach them not to attach categorising words to negative descriptive words (d*ick a great example). Anyway that is what I (as an assistant psychologist do), we think deeply into things and see things others do not (or believe are minor).

Did I imply?

Nope, I asked a question: Not all good-looking guys are d*cks you know.

This is a question, used in this case to question my own opinion. Did you know? or were you implying? is my real question here.

If I had said : Not all good-looking guys are d*cks .

That would be implying.

I won't be replying to anymore posts,I don't want to fill this thread with unrelating posts & no offence but my opinion won't change so theres no point in carrying this on.

If you so wish to carry on, PM me (save everyone else from the notifications and unrelating posts).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by natalie427
Sorry, I didn't realise my post was gonna get another reply.

Not sure if you know what passive aggressive is as really I don't know how that was passive aggressive?

Heres a definition:

Passive-aggressive behavior is the indirect expression of hostility, such as through procrastination, stubbornness, sullen behavior, or deliberate or repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is (often explicitly) responsible.

Nope... my opinion isn't any of them .

It was direct and not aggressive.

Promote my own agenda.....nope.

Ive learnt through my job dealing with young teenagers who are unable to engage in correct behaviours that comments like this is correct with them (however minor it is) . We teach the boys to not call people 'girls' or 'gays', we also teach them not to attach categorising words to negative descriptive words (d*ick a great example). Anyway that is what I (as an assistant psychologist do), we think deeply into things and see things others do not (or believe are minor).

Did I imply?

Nope, I asked a question: Not all good-looking guys are d*cks you know.

This is a question, used in this case to question my own opinion. Did you know? or were you implying? is my real question here.

If I had said : Not all good-looking guys are d*cks .

That would be implying.

I won't be replying to anymore posts,I don't want to fill this thread with unrelating posts & no offence but my opinion won't change so theres no point in carrying this on.

If you so wish to carry on, PM me (save everyone else from the notifications and unrelating posts).

Okay I'm going to assume you're not English because that's twice now you've misinterpreted basic english, which is a silly thing to be arguing about. And really, definitions? :/

Simply put, nobody ever said, nor implied, that all good looking people are "d*cks". That's just your hyper-attention to that field of conversation, (due to the work you do), finding a problem in nothing. We all do it, it's all good.

It's like when a feminist tries too hard to be offended by a joke, just literally don't bother. And why aren't people allowed to call others "girls" or "gays"? Why is this such a huge field of study, I couldn't care less if you called me a tomato I don't see why we need to "teach" people what they're allowed to insult others with.
For women, drive for hypergamy > polygamy.

For men, drive for polygamy > hypergamy.

Once you understand the evolutionary driving forces behind mating, you will understand why the differences in the primal and emotional hard-wiring of men and women exist and therefore why they typically behave in distinct ways.

/thread.
Original post by smoothiechode
For women, drive for hypergamy > polygamy.

For men, drive for polygamy > hypergamy.

Once you understand the evolutionary driving forces behind mating, you will understand why the differences in the primal and emotional hard-wiring of men and women exist and therefore why they typically behave in distinct ways.

/thread.

do u even misc ?
Original post by ComputerMaths97
Okay I'm going to assume you're not English because that's twice now you've misinterpreted basic english, which is a silly thing to be arguing about. And really, definitions? :/

Simply put, nobody ever said, nor implied, that all good looking people are "d*cks". That's just your hyper-attention to that field of conversation, (due to the work you do), finding a problem in nothing. We all do it, it's all good.

It's like when a feminist tries too hard to be offended by a joke, just literally don't bother. And why aren't people allowed to call others "girls" or "gays"? Why is this such a huge field of study, I couldn't care less if you called me a tomato I don't see why we need to "teach" people what they're allowed to insult others with.

I'm English. An Assistant Psychologist who works with sexual abuse victims and perpetrators.

I don't need you telling me how to do my job, thanks.

I'm not gonna reply to the rest cause you'd just carry on forever. Free to PM me (like I said, unless you like the public attention).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by abcde3237
do u even misc ?

Haha.

Yes i do. Username: smoothiechode.
My Repp to post ratio will make you cry.
Evolutionary speaking guys want to be with as many women as possible because it's their desire to "spread the seed". Women on the other hand want that guy for themselves
Original post by neal95
Evolutionary speaking guys want to be with as many women as possible because it's their desire to "spread the seed". Women on the other hand want that guy for themselves

Basically this.

Only the woman gets pregnant and put into a vunerable state for 9 months. She therefore has think much more carefully about who she has sex with.

Guy can spread his seed and bounce if he wants to, giving him a highly efficient way of spreading his genes without much investment of time and resources.

Civilisation, marriage and law has tried to change this dynamic, but our primal and emotional circuitry remains unchanged.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Maths (2^2) Life
I definitely do, I just want someone I can be myself with

I feel like you have to be perfect to be ideal enough for someone to want to be with you and they're always looking for someone else? No...
Basically this.
Only the woman gets pregnant and put into a vunerable state for 9 months. She therefore has think much more carefully about who she has sex with.

Contraception.

/thread.
Not really. You just said a load of pseudo armchair biology. :indiff:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Warrior Gene
I personally would want one person in my life and that too only as my wife. Us guys dont express love the way probably girls express theirs, but this does not mean guys dont love.

I too find today's trend very selfish of guys looking at only the physical aspect and after when they achieve what they wanted they move on, but there are many many.. guys who are sincere and are after only serious relationship.
How do they express it?
Reply 54
Original post by Anonymous
Probably just my experience but guys are actually just in relationships for sex either that or they claim just to want sex to be macho and all erw 'feelings/emotions/love gross... what even are those concepts?'.

Tell me? I feel like there's no hope for us girls... you've not inspired me thus far.

Are you guys actually capable of loving us? Is it mostly about the sex?

Sorry, but this is a totally appropriate response to this thread

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Probably just my experience but guys are actually just in relationships for sex either that or they claim just to want sex to be macho and all erw 'feelings/emotions/love gross... what even are those concepts?'.

Tell me? I feel like there's no hope for us girls... you've not inspired me thus far.

Are you guys actually capable of loving us? Is it mostly about the sex?

Ok.. I'm just going to say something which you may not agree with, but it's a point I feel is very valid and no one else has said yet.

Guys are absolutely 100% capable of having a monogamous relationship.. There are a few individuals who are just getting into relationships for sex and to show off to their pals... Which I feel are the only kind of guys you've encountered.

BUT.. There are some guys out there who are desperate just to feel loved and wanted and all they want in a relationship is to make their girlfriend happy/spoilt/loved in the same way. As soon as they meet that person they will remain loyal to you for the rest of your time together.

And it's these guys who some if not most of you girls turn down because they're not good looking enough, or out of your league, or not cool enough, or too shy to talk to you properly. You might be friends with them but just want to keep them as a friend because you can't imagine being with them, from what you've seen in them as JUST FRIENDS.

But everyone has a different side to them which they can only show their closest of friends. You could see how confident they really are and how comfortable they are talking to you, and find out amazing things about them no one else knows. But a majority of girls won't give them that chance because they're still hoping that some good-looking lad with confidence who's interested in her will choose her over everyone else and make all the other girls jealous of her. While the guy who no one notices could have the qualities every girl wants.

So don't be afraid to take chances..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending