The Student Room Group

What subject result are you most worried about?

Scroll to see replies

Hey, another AS intruder:tongue:

I'm mostly worried about Economics because I'm thinking of dropping either that or Geography, but the Geography exam went awfully and I know I've failed it meaning I need to have done well in Economics otherwise I'm screwed (I can't be dealing with resits) The thing is I've struggled in Economics and although the exam went better than I expected, I'm not so confident:redface:
Maths, English and Science. 😑😞😁😥
I'm really worried about 2 results mainly: Maths (Hopefully get that A* with Edexcel Maths if the boundaries are like 162-164/200 for A*) and Drama (really hoping for an A..not a B - but the Grade boundaries for AQA Drama are sky high...).The rest should be good (As and A*s).
I really want an A* in maths, but idk it's highly unlikely D: Same with additional science. Art as well there's a small chance I might get an A instead of an A* because my teacher was a harsh marker.
And RE... I might even end up getting a C or a D in that :/
The rest I'm pretty content with.
Original post by surina16
All of them apart from Maths.
As each day goes on, I keep feeling like I've done worse and worse.

Mostly worried about English Lit and Lang though because my time management was appalling and so some of my answers were genuinely the worst things I have ever produced :frown:

Keep on getting nervous sweats just thinking about results day. Worried about every single subject, and I feel I'm just gonna end up with a string of Bs on results day :indiff:
Reply 25
English Language and Maths.

The unofficial mark schemes have me thinking I'm one or two marks off the next grade :no:
Maths, I need an A* to get into further maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thonk I got 168+

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
This is AS

I keep on getting paranoid about every subject. I did amazingly in statistics, will probably lose 2 marks out of 50. (I checked the answers with my teacher) However, in pure maths I'm not so sure. Probably losing 15-20 marks, so maybe that's an A but I keep on convincing myself that I'll get a C or something.

Biology, as much as I can remember mcq was great and the practicals as well but I messed up the last two theory questions and I kept on erasing the drawings so they did have broken lines, kind of. Theory paper was good except for that 8 marks question which included graphs and comparisons, I wrote the answers but in a hurry so half of it is bullsh*t. Other questions were fine.

Chemistry, in the theory paper I messed up a question because I didn't read that it was group 4 and not 3. 7 marks gone, plus 2 because I realized the correct answer for a question but forgot to change it, overall it was great! Practicals were fantastic, but mcq was confusing as hell, others found it kind of easy.

Still deciding whether or not I should go to results day with my parents. :facepalm:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AdeptDz
I thonk I got 168+

Posted from TSR Mobile

Almost definitely A*, stop worrying about it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by _gcx
Almost definitely A*, stop worrying about it.

Hopefully, I'll try 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BasicMistake
AS intruder here.

Geography as I already know that I've lost around 15% of the marks due to carelessness.

Also Mechanics 2 maths module because that was a paper forged in the fires of hell.

SAME WITH ME :frown:(((( (geog) I'VE SCREWED UP. I REALLY WANT AN A IN THIS- NOT A B :frown:(((((((((( IM SO UPSET! I did Edexcel AS, wbu?
Original post by IRoranth
SAME WITH ME :frown:(((( (geog) I'VE SCREWED UP. I REALLY WANT AN A IN THIS- NOT A B :frown:(((((((((( IM SO UPSET! I did Edexcel AS, wbu?

I did AQA but I feel the same way as you. I really need the A because I'm hoping to apply to Cambridge (and other top universities) for economics.
Reply 34
Oh God Geography went horribly wrong. I did the Edexcel exam board and I missed 29 marks out of 180 because I ran out of time/I didn't know. I need 119 to get an A (by last year's standards). I get sick just thinking about it.
Science without a doubt!!! My friends and I were actually talking about this the other day. They all do triple science whereas I do dual for dummies hahah, so they were all like 'if I get a b in any science id cry' and what not, and I was sat there like 'if I even pass science I'd probs die right there on the spot'. Everything else in cool with though haha!
AQA A2 French
all of them
All of the ones I'm taking for A Levels really. I have to get at least an A in them. Music and Maths especially though as I've been predicted A*'s in them both for two years....

Quick Reply

Latest