Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How does Facebook choose what to put on news feed? Watch

ReputationRep:
    For example on my news feed there is something from yesterday morning with no likes near the top, but something with likes from today is below it.

How does that work??

ReputationRep:
    ??

ReputationRep:
    They are forcing top stories to be shown at the moment. You can manually select "most recent" in your feed preferences but it will not save your choice so it must be changed every time you wish to view most recent.

Its really annoying!!!

It comes down to money. The users of facebook aren't paying customers, we are the product which facebook sells to advertisers

ReputationRep:
    It's probably a crappy version of the reddit algorithm, combined with whoever pays facebook the most.

Google how the reddit algorithm works. c:

ReputationRep:
    It depends on how you use Facebook. Depending on who's posts you look at the most and interact with, they'll appear on your feed more. That's the assumption I'm under anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    It depends on how you use Facebook. Depending on who's posts you look at the most and interact with, they'll appear on your feed more. That's the assumption I'm under anyway.
    Ah I see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    Ah I see!
    https://www.facebook.com/help/166738576721085

Here's your answer, straight from Facebook!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    https://www.facebook.com/help/166738576721085

Here's your answer, straight from Facebook!
    Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.