Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi im going to Reading festival this year and just have a few questions! The main thing is about alcohol, im 17 but want to drink there, my frieds went last year and said they walked in carring alcohol and it was fine but im worried i'll be caught out, does anyone have any experience or tips for this? Also will my bag be checked because im going up on the wednesday and obviously the festival doesnt start til the friday?

ReputationRep:
    Don't know about Reading as I've only been to Leeds. However if you're nervous about not getting booze in you could just fill up a 2 litre water bottle with vodka, and take fizzy drinks to mix. Or take beer in apple juice cartoons. If worst comes to worse, once you're inside you could probably just ask someone whose 18 to buy booze for you, although the booze on site tends to be quite expensive.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daisy211098)
    Hi im going to Reading festival this year and just have a few questions! The main thing is about alcohol, im 17 but want to drink there, my frieds went last year and said they walked in carring alcohol and it was fine but im worried i'll be caught out, does anyone have any experience or tips for this? Also will my bag be checked because im going up on the wednesday and obviously the festival doesnt start til the friday?
    When you go into the camping area, you dont get checked everytime. They just choose you at random. Best to get someone 18+ to carry it cause if you dont look old enough, they'll ask for id. I cant remember for sure but I think fest had an 18+ wrist band as well to make it easier to spot.

You get checked whenever you enter the actual stage area even if youre in the campsite

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.