The Student Room Group

Why am I feeling this way?

Alright so I met this girl in college and so did this other guy, we all met on the same day. Now two months later they are really close.

I have low self-esteem, due to bad experiences, but he is cocky and over confident. He has bothered with other right from the start, whilst I have just stayed away. She has bothered with me, telling me I make her laugh and complimenting me and trying to be playful, like jokingly insulting me and chasing me to get me to hug her. Yet whenever the other guy is around I act like a jerk to her and where sometimes people mistake them for a couple, its like nobody sees a connection between us. The other day, she went home early and for the rest of that day I stayed in the library alone. She doesn't leave me out of things, but where she has shown an interest in knowing the other guy after college, she never shows that with me.

Do I stop bothering or keep trying?
Reply 1
The wording of your paragraph is kinda poor but from what I gather...

Feeling what way? That you like her? Probably because she's bothering to show you attention, however if you don't make any move yourself she'll just pass you by. From the looks you haven't tried anything so she'll likely just run off with that other dude.

If you want her, make a move. Simple.
Reply 2
Look, to be in the competition you need to show interest. You've not shown her much interest by the sounds of it, whereas this other guy has, if you show her interest than you probably have a chance of being with her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending