The Student Room Group

Forced into sex

I got involved with a older guy a few months back, i trusted him quite easily and admit that im very naive, ive had problems of being blackmailed in the past. Anyway we were close and he told me i didnt have to do anythimg i didnt want to but after a while he started guilt tripping me into doing things, there was one night and im not to sure how it happened i just rememeber crying and him holding me down to have sex, it wasnt protected and i was tryimg to push him off me and screamed but he covered my mouth, after he admitted it was rape but i dont like thinking of it like that. I dont talk to him anymore but he occassionally messages me and im scared to block him out because he knows where i go to school. Since then ive been finding it really hard to be attracted to anyone or talk about sex without feeling sick, im worried i wont be able to trust anyone again or have any sexual attraction to anyone, any advice would be apprectiated

Scroll to see replies

Please tell someone. Tell your parents or a teacher or someone. We are all here to help you. That's such an awful thing to go through and keep to yourself for so long.
Original post by Daisy211098
I got involved with a older guy a few months back, i trusted him quite easily and admit that im very naive, ive had problems of being blackmailed in the past. Anyway we were close and he told me i didnt have to do anythimg i didnt want to but after a while he started guilt tripping me into doing things, there was one night and im not to sure how it happened i just rememeber crying and him holding me down to have sex, it wasnt protected and i was tryimg to push him off me and screamed but he covered my mouth, after he admitted it was rape but i dont like thinking of it like that. I dont talk to him anymore but he occassionally messages me and im scared to block him out because he knows where i go to school. Since then ive been finding it really hard to be attracted to anyone or talk about sex without feeling sick, im worried i wont be able to trust anyone again or have any sexual attraction to anyone, any advice would be apprectiated

Tell cops, don't keep it quiet and it'll take time.
Reply 3
Original post by ckfeister
Tell cops, don't keep it quiet and it'll take time.

Woukd the police even listwm to stuff like this? And the guy has a little girl and id feel bad if the police contacted him when he was with his daughter
Reply 4
Original post by stargirl63
Please tell someone. Tell your parents or a teacher or someone. We are all here to help you. That's such an awful thing to go through and keep to yourself for so long.

Thank you! I really feel like i cant tell anyone, im a very anxious person, i physically cant talk about emotions in person because im the person everyone knows to always be happy and everything, im not close to my dad and i dont trust my mum, she'll tell her boyfriend and blame me for it all, when i got blackmailed in the past i was 14 and i rang the police and they investigated it for a year and nothing happened and my mum blamed me and hated me for it
This is 100% rape and not okay
Please tell someone whoever you feel most comfortable with , I work with both sexual abuse victims and perpetrators. You can message me if you like .
Yep that's rape

I would definitely get in touch with the authorities , so you need all the help you can get at this difficult time.
Reply 8
Original post by natalie427
Please tell someone whoever you feel most comfortable with , I work with both sexual abuse victims and perpetrators. You can message me if you like .

I dont really have any adults im comfortable talking to & thank you i really appreciate that!
to be honest the police are unlikely to be able to prosecute it as it's your word against his and there's no proof you even had sex now so unless he admitted it the allegation won't go anywhere

if you want to it could still be worth saying something in case other allegations are made against him etc

what you do need to do is talk to someone you can trust who can find you the emotional support you need to get through this, it will take some time but there's no reason that you can't move on and feel okay again, but you need the support of your family and professionals to do that

This is serious, OP. He raped you. Talk to your parents ASAP.
Thank you! I really feel like i cant tell anyone, im a very anxious person, i physically cant talk about emotions in person because im the person everyone knows to always be happy and everything, im not close to my dad and i dont trust my mum, she'll tell her boyfriend and blame me for it all, when i got blackmailed in the past i was 14 and i rang the police and they investigated it for a year and nothing happened and my mum blamed me and hated me for it

You don't have to do it in person. Use your phone now and call the police.
Reply 12
Original post by doodle_333
to be honest the police are unlikely to be able to prosecute it as it's your word against his and there's no proof you even had sex now so unless he admitted it the allegation won't go anywhere

if you want to it could still be worth saying something in case other allegations are made against him etc

what you do need to do is talk to someone you can trust who can find you the emotional support you need to get through this, it will take some time but there's no reason that you can't move on and feel okay again, but you need the support of your family and professionals to do that

He admitted it to me and we've had text conversations about it but he doesnt admit anything in the texts so i dont have any proof and he has a daughter so dont want to get him involved in the police, i think hes a good person but obviouslt i dont make great judgements, hes more emotionally manipulative so i dont think it would have happened with anyone else because im the youngest person hes been with & thank you for the advice its appreciated

You have done nothing wrong, don't blame yourself. Someone has betrayed your trust, and I think you are strong enough to move on. If you think he can be harmful in anyway possible, let the police know, if not, do not put stress on yourself by overthinking. Bad things happen in life and it is important to learn from them and not blame yourself. This is for sure forced sex, even though you have been close, you had not wanted it at that time, but then that should not prevent you from enjoying your life. Life is full of people whom you can trust and those whom you can't. You surely have come across both in your life. Trust your reason and your guts, get help from friends so that such things may not happen again. First step, try to have reasonable relationships in terms of age difference and status. If someone does not have anything in common with you yet wants to approach you intimately, you may not want to easily trust. Yet, there are alot of normal people around you. Have a transparent relationship life as much as possible as that can help protect you when you are in trouble. Finally, nothing , whatever it is, should stop you from living your normal life, there are people with much bigger problems in their health or have faced bigger problems or have committed bigger mistakes but the best answer is just to continue and enjoy life! Life is beautiful , no one and nothing should be able to change that. The words you have written are of a strong person, I believe it takes a short time for you to collect yourself and move towards the great person you are going to be. Enjoy :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Juichiro
You don't have to do it in person. Use your phone now and call the police.

If i ring them things wilk go further amd theyd probably come over to talk about it and look at messages but theres no evidence so they wouldnt be able to do much anyway
You told an internet forum before the police?
What's his age and what's yours? You said he was an older guy, so are you below the age of consent?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Danny the Geezer
You told an internet forum before the police?

Im scared to ring the police and i dont have evidence so didnt think much could be done, rape cases dont normally get very far
Reply 18
Original post by TheUnknownDude
What's his age and what's yours? You said he was an older guy, so are you below the age of consent?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im 17, hes 25
Reply 19
Original post by JohnGreek
The issue is that forensic evidence is unlikely to be recovered this long after the act, so it's a class your-word-against-his type of story. While such cases tend to put more weight on the accuser's version of events, I wouldn't be confident in securing any kind of conviction if he manages to cook up either an alibi or a convincing alternative version of events. Do you have any text messages, or other remnants from the night, that can prove unconsensual sex?

Also bear in mind that going through the process of pressing charges may force you to relive the worst of this, and may put you under other forms of stress as your version of events is questioned, possibly both by family, police investigators, and, if it comes to trial, opposing counsel.

I just wanted to point out that it's one thing merely releasing this to the world and telling someone, and another thing entirely to take legal action. The former may be therapeutic, while the latter may be emotionally charged, costly, and time-consuming. Think through your choices carefully.

Thank you that helps clear things up quite a bit, i dont intend to take legal action its just a few people have raised the idea of contacting the police which has got me thinking but i definitelt agree that it would cause a lot more stress, id rather keep it private in terms of police and family, just thought advice on here might help me emotionally

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending