Turn on thread page Beta

Basically Id like some advice on how to change my perception on things, or whatever it takes to make me good. Im 21 and at high school I was fine, really confident and looked forward to school every day and taking GCSE's etc I had no pressure whatsoever everything was simple. I then started sixth form and didn't like it as much and got a part time job but on my first day collapsed unconcious, I probably freaked out as I hated the environment. Anyway since then I started getting anxious and attending college less, got a warning and then a year later I collapsed in lesson again due to period pain. I got the neccessary tablets from the gp but was still very anxious and often turned round to go home on my way to a lesson, my parents were yelling and swearing at me every night but I managed to scrape 3 A levels.

Since then my life has been a total waste of time and Ive just become a loser worrying about my anxiety/panic attacks. I started uni while living at home, was fine on the first week but then started attending less. I thought it was the course making me worse (I did psychology) so I changed to something more fun - sports science:rolleyes: I was fine the first few weeks but then I fainted again due to period pain on my way home. After this Ive become so anxious and did absolutely nothing for 2 years (except voluntary work and a part time job which I quit) except go to the gps and sleep all day while messing about all night. I started at another college recently and quit recently after having a panic attack, plus I didn't need the course.

Anyway, I just don't want to do anything and quit everything I try, it doesn't matter if I have depression or not as I still need to get back into living a normal life and don't want it as an excuse. The thing that worries me the most is that Ive been like this now for 4 years and Ive seen programmes on TV about really lazy people who try getting jobs all there lives countless times and im so scared I will end up like that. I don't want to work and will probably end up quiting, I have an interview for a job soon. I know most people don't want to work but how do they do it and keep it up? I think another problem is Ive been spoilt as a child and even now so I don't need cash to survive. I want to start with a job first and then partner (if I can get one) and then move out when Im ready. How can I make myself want to work and live independant? because I don't. Ive read somewhere that every healthy person wants to move away from home and be independant at 18 so doe that mean im not healthy or abnormal? I hate the idea.

Im wondering if anyone can give any advice to help me to think like I should be doing and how to stick this job out without getting anxious I have an interview for? (if I get on) I know this will annoy most of you but im just looking for advice, I know im lazy and sponging Ive hear it every night off my parents, I wanted to improve this time last year but never did.

Btw Ive been going jogging 3 times a week for the past 5 years so am getting enough exersise yet this doesn't help overall.

ReputationRep:
    read - "mans search for meaning!" by victor e frankl

ReputationRep:
    Probably your parents comments are contributing to your state?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like me, I can understand the lazyness and can never understand how people can prefere going out to staying in bed, maybe your too much of an introvert, though most would say thats an excuse.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.