Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cool or perhaps sciency things to do and (pretty things to) see in London? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The last few times we've been to a museum and such but I've run out of ideas, don't want to fall back on going to museums (unless they're awesome), and don't just want to go to a place and look at it and go "yup now I have seen a building".

I'm a sciency space type person so that kind of thing would be a bonus. I'll list some things we have or haven't done and why to give you an idea of my frame of mind:

Royal Observatory - Watched something in the planetarium, that was great.

Science Museum - Was of course cool.

Couple of those other museums there - Was fine but I wouldn't go to London just to visit another one. Also felt like I personally would prefer to see real skeletons too not looking at each one wondering which ones are real and which not.

Trocadero - Our childhood dreams were crushed, pulverised, set on fire to see what it became and never experiencing what it was, wow, nasty surprise. This magical place would've reason enough to go to London. Now, broken arcade cabinets up a non-moving escalator, not so much...

Chinatown - Good for the foodstuffs

Camden - Nothing interests me there

Hyde Park - Didn't think walking like old people would be my thing but it was nice, and the squirrels were a nice surprise.

Sky Garden - Would've gone, should be pretty, but it requires booking and it's all filled up. Looked at The Shard but that's £30 per person, get the **** outta here.

Grant Museum of Zoology - That was interesting and worth seeing

Wellcome Museum - There was nothing there, took 5 minutes to have a wander.

Dungeons - Might be our kinda thing but don't know about having actors hamming it up. (Just looked it up on YouTube, nah not feeling it.)

London Eye and Big Ben - Saw them on that bridge wot's next to the Eye. (Wouldn't want to actually go on the Eye though.)

Madame Tussauds - No interest because it is wax made to look like people. People I don't know personally.

Oxford Street - So we can browse in shops but end up not buying as much as imagined

Sea Life - I only went once elsewhere because I told myself the animals were content.

London Zoo - Like Sea Life, but I went to another big zoo as a child (as you do) and some of it was sad, so I want to go there as much as I want to visit a high security mental hospital.

Wembley - Already been, the outside anyway, on the way to a place to eat, that'll do for me.

I hope now our minds are in sync.

ReputationRep:
    Natural History Musuem is very sciency there is even a part about the human body

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Natural History Musuem is very sciency there is even a part about the human body
    That is one of the other ones there I've been to.

ReputationRep:
    V&A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    V&A
    Ok guys, no to the museums that have already been mention and are friggin' 10 seconds away from the science one I've already seen and have insinuated I have thus also seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Ok guys, no to the museums that have already been mention and are friggin' 10 seconds away from the science one I've already seen and have insinuated I have thus also seen.
    Go on tripadvisor and look there if we are not helping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Go on tripadvisor and look there if we are not helping.
    Has it not occured to you that I'm doing more than one thing?

This is not doing well for the Student Room stereotype.

ReputationRep:
    Walthamstow Market (longest market in Europe)

Imperial War Museum (my favorite museum but perhaps you've been already)

BFI IMAX (no other screen comes close, biggest in Britain in fact and they give little nerdy facts about the screen)

Richmond Park (You might not want to go to another park but this one is awesome and has deer, Richmond itself is very pretty)

Southbank Centre (Something is always going on here)

I'll try and think of more.

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter world, however I think it's just outside london

ReputationRep:
    Last chance bump

ReputationRep:
    It's all done. Going straight to the National Maritime Museum with tickets to Above and Beyond (space thing). Then maybe taking a Clippers boat back from Greenwich to Westminster (the other boat takes 70 minutes, the Clippers' is long enough!). Then shops (Chinatown, Japan Centre, Tokyo Toys, Forbidden Planet, CEX, Game, Punkyfish), the nitrogen ice-cream place if we go to Camden. Then the Persian restaurant we always go to. Hooray!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.