Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I basically met a girl who looked 17/18 and we kind of liked eachother we started to date for 4 months I did not really ask her age as she looked 17 but then recently i found out she was 15...... i am currently 17 so is it okay for a 17 yr old to date a 15 YR OLD or shall i just break up with her untill she reaches the required age .

(Original post by robin567)
    I basically met a girl who looked 17/18 and we kind of liked eachother we started to date for 4 months I did not really ask her age as she looked 17 but then recently i found out she was 15...... i am currently 17 so is it okay for a 17 yr old to date a 15 YR OLD or shall i just break up with her untill she reaches the required age .
    its okay i guess

ReputationRep:
    As long as you do not do anything that she does not want! Remember to respect her! She should also respect you. I see no big difference in age. Also, communication helps massive.

ReputationRep:
    she's under the age of consent for england anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalie427)
    she's under the age of consent for england anyway
    Nobody is talking about sex here! Why do we have to talk about age of consent every time such question pops up on TSR. Yes, maybe they will have sex one day. Maybe before she turns 16 or maybe not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robin567)
    When is her birthday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgt.Golden)
    Nobody is talking about sex here! Why do we have to talk about age of consent every time such question pops up on TSR. Yes, maybe they will have sex one day. Maybe before she turns 16 or maybe not.
    Nobody is talking about sex you are right, but in relationships...gues what....people occasionally have sex. I was informing the person of the age of consent. If they had said they were aware of the age of consent and wasn't planning to have sex, I wouldn't have mentioned it. I was just informing. I work with victims of sexual abuse, children who have sex underage and perpetrators of sexual abuse and therefore I know how many people DO NOT know or ARE NOT AWARE of the age of consent.

If I had been OP, I would have clearly stated that they were aware of the age, but as they didn't I felt it appropriate to ensure they were fully aware (whether they plan to have sex or not, I don't know).

Its important to hit the nail on the head and not presume anything, I agree with you. But it would be dangerous to presume that people do not have sex underage or are aware of the age of consent.

Maybe I view things differently due to my job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalie427)
    Nobody is talking about sex you are right, but in relationships...gues what....people occasionally have sex. I was informing the person of the age of consent. If they had said they were aware of the age of consent and wasn't planning to have sex, I wouldn't have mentioned it. I was just informing. I work with victims of sexual abuse, children who have sex underage and perpetrators of sexual abuse and therefore I know how many people DO NOT know or ARE NOT AWARE of the age of consent.

If I had been OP, I would have clearly stated that they were aware of the age, but as they didn't I felt it appropriate to ensure they were fully aware (whether they plan to have sex or not, I don't know).

Its important to hit the nail on the head and not presume anything, I agree with you. But it would be dangerous to presume that people do not have sex underage or are aware of the age of consent.

Maybe I view things differently due to my job.
    I am sure people do have sex. I mean... That makes a healthy relationship I totally understand what you mean. I just have noticed that when you have such a question around the forums the main thing people will hit you with is the age of consent. I am not trying to have a go and you or try to be horrible. For some reason I just pointed it out.

(Original post by Sgt.Golden)
    I am sure people do have sex. I mean... That makes a healthy relationship I totally understand what you mean. I just have noticed that when you have such a question around the forums the main thing people will hit you with is the age of consent. I am not trying to have a go and you or try to be horrible. For some reason I just pointed it out.
    thanks for your advice ill will not have sex with her

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.