This discussion is closed.
DazYaSSS
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Anne)
where this?

i don't sleep that much anyway so i know i can work nights
at a printers warehouse type thing! it was at this one particular one but they wanted someone to work 3 nights a week 3 x 12 = 36 hrs, then another week to recover......

it was in my area, not really sure about yours but i hope you get the job that u are looking for
Anne
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by DazYaSSS)
at a printers warehouse type thing! it was at this one particular one but they wanted someone to work 3 nights a week 3 x 12 = 36 hrs, then another week to recover......

it was in my area, not really sure about yours but i hope you get the job that u are looking for

same here, well i keep looking
sashh
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
if you have a child and are studying you are probably better off staying on benefit. I know you want to work but can you afford to?

When you get to uni you will get more money to look after your child and you will also be eligable for hardship funds towards child care.

Also if you have a child and are studying is it really fair to your child to be working as well? I'm assuming you don't have a partner as you have not mentioned one.

One of my friends who is married had a note left for her by her daughter that went along the lines of "please can I book an appointment to see you, I know you are busy but I want to talk to you" - how guilty did she feel? She was half way through her dissertation at the time.

Rather than working part time all year what about working full time over the summer? I know this is a boring suggestion but ........... what about childminding over the summer? many parents find it hard to find childcare for the summer holidays, I know £10.00 per hour is a lot but if you cared for 2 or 3 children, and depending on age 'care' might not involve a lot you could soon make up £10.00 per hour.
Anne
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by sashh)
if you have a child and are studying you are probably better off staying on benefit. I know you want to work but can you afford to?

When you get to uni you will get more money to look after your child and you will also be eligable for hardship funds towards child care.

Also if you have a child and are studying is it really fair to your child to be working as well? I'm assuming you don't have a partner as you have not mentioned one.

One of my friends who is married had a note left for her by her daughter that went along the lines of "please can I book an appointment to see you, I know you are busy but I want to talk to you" - how guilty did she feel? She was half way through her dissertation at the time.

Rather than working part time all year what about working full time over the summer? I know this is a boring suggestion but ........... what about childminding over the summer? many parents find it hard to find childcare for the summer holidays, I know £10.00 per hour is a lot but if you cared for 2 or 3 children, and depending on age 'care' might not involve a lot you could soon make up £10.00 per hour.

i suppose your right i should think of my little one, as i'm single mother.

well if i became a childminder i would have to regestier.....well i have look into it.

i least i be spending time with my boy then passing him on i don't wan tot be like the mother you mention.

I have look into the funding for uni and waht i can get otherwise i might make a big mistake. Well i do my reserch now before i go and do anything, cause i don't want it to go wrong.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (92)
13.96%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (54)
8.19%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (84)
12.75%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (79)
11.99%
Other reasons are stopping me going (84)
12.75%
Nothing is stopping me going (266)
40.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed