Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Beginners weight loss journey watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This thread is for me to log my diet and exercise. For the past few years my weight has fluctuated a lot and I've always been slightly overweight, currently weighing 64kg at 5ft 2 at 19 years old. My goal is to lose at least 1kg a month but ultimately just to keep a healthy well balanced diet and increase my fitness levels.

I am not a very active person but I am trying to get into running. I downloaded an app called running for weight loss and am following that programme. I plan to follow this programme 3 days a week as well as doing Pilates in between and generally finding ways to move more in my daily routine.

My diet is not too bad as I don't eat much junk food and I do drink a lot of water/green tea normally but as I am Indian I eat a lot of white rice and curries which have a lot of carbohydrates/fat. As I am home for the summer there is no getting around this with family meals but I am controlling my portion sizes and switching to brown rice and other grains much more than before. I plan to include a lot more raw fruit and veg in my diet though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Day 1 - August 5th

Completed Week 1 Day 1 workout
    Calories burned: 255

Calories consumed: 1500
    Breakfast: 300
    Snack: 100
    Lunch: 500
    Snack: 200
    Dinner: 400

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Day 2 - August 6th

Completed Week 1 Day 1 again
    Calories burned: 200

Calories consumed: 1700
    Breakfast: 200
    Lunch: 450
    Snack: 250
    Dinner: 400

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    GL unless you are weighing your food, then your calorie count will most likely be inaccurate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weightlossgoals)
    This thread is for me to log my diet and exercise. For the past few years my weight has fluctuated a lot and I've always been slightly overweight, currently weighing 64kg at 5ft 2 at 19 years old. My goal is to lose at least 1kg a month but ultimately just to keep a healthy well balanced diet and increase my fitness levels.

I am not a very active person but I am trying to get into running. I downloaded an app called running for weight loss and am following that programme. I plan to follow this programme 3 days a week as well as doing Pilates in between and generally finding ways to move more in my daily routine.

My diet is not too bad as I don't eat much junk food and I do drink a lot of water/green tea normally but as I am Indian I eat a lot of white rice and curries which have a lot of carbohydrates/fat. As I am home for the summer there is no getting around this with family meals but I am controlling my portion sizes and switching to brown rice and other grains much more than before. I plan to include a lot more raw fruit and veg in my diet though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nothing wrong with this, just weigh your food and get rid of all the sauce. I run my chicken under the tap and specifically ask my Mum to make my fish curries low in fat so you could always ask and see how accommodating your family is.

ReputationRep:
    Day 3 - August 7th

Was at an all day event yesterday so did not complete a workout but walked there and back which burned 200 calories

Had a BBQ for late lunch
    Estimating around 1700 calories consumed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    GL unless you are weighing your food, then your calorie count will most likely be inaccurate.
    I do understand that but it is just a rough way to keep track of what I eat and make sure I don't snack too much I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Nothing wrong with this, just weigh your food and get rid of all the sauce. I run my chicken under the tap and specifically ask my Mum to make my fish curries low in fat so you could always ask and see how accommodating your family is.
    Thanks for the advice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Day 4 - August 8

Went on a run, 200 calories burned
    1800 calories consumed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm just wondering, but how is it that you're calculating your calories? I only mention it because, when I started out trying to lose weight, I roughly estimated my portions and it turned out I was really underestimating, which meant I wasn't losing weight. If you want, I'd be happy to chat through this kind of thing with ya unless you've got it all under control, in which case good luck to you I hope you get to a weight you're happy with!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue2337)
    Hey, I'm just wondering, but how is it that you're calculating your calories? I only mention it because, when I started out trying to lose weight, I roughly estimated my portions and it turned out I was really underestimating, which meant I wasn't losing weight. If you want, I'd be happy to chat through this kind of thing with ya unless you've got it all under control, in which case good luck to you I hope you get to a weight you're happy with!
    Hey I pm'd you, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.